Connecting speaker wires from amp to factory wires?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bmcallister

Hey guys,

I’m new to the car audio scene so bare with me, I recently got a kicker 4 channel amp that I want to use to give my kicker 6x9 lower door subs some more kick. My questions is do I have to run the speaker wire from the amp to the speakers or can I get away with connecting the speaker wires to the power outputs behind the dash. I just want to power my lower door speakers from the amp not the mid range or tweeters that are also in the door.

If I have to run the new speaker wire from the amp to the lower door subs what do I do with the power outputs behind the dash?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.