Cut Harness

qwerty1

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab

I ordered a new radio and new speakers for front and rear doors, as well as new speaker wire.

JVC KD-X350BTS

Polk Audio DB 652

Polk Audio DB 462

Sundown Audio 12 AWG

The problem is I have a cut harness, and will take any advice I can get on fixing this, because right now I'm grasping at straws. I don't want to manually wire it, I want it as close to factory as possible where I can plug and play. I will be running new speaker wire. This is the best video I have seen on the subject I think, but where do I find a reverse wiring harness?

That vid is kinda dumb, you never wanna cut any harnness. That's why they make some already pre wired harnesses made specifially for vehicles for plug in and just wire up necessary wires to their appropriate ones.

How is that video dumb? It was a video explaining how to do a reverse wiring harness, IF your harness has already been cut how to fix it in other words. Read my post again please.

(1) I need to know where to find the factory plug that connected to the factory radio.

(2) I need to know what I need to connect the factory type plug to the aftermarket radio I ordered.

I don't have the factory radio or the factory plug which has been cut out, and the aftermarket radio that was in the truck quit working recently.

If I can't find a factory type plug that will work, I'll have to create my own harness somehow with a male / female type connector of some sort.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

This is a hypothetical.

If these two connectors would mate together connect them, and crimp butt connectors to the aftermarket radio plug and to the cut harness in the dash.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Auto-Car-Stereo-Wire-Harness-Female_1777670389.html

https://www.carid.com/american-international/aftermarket-radio-wiring-harness-with-oem-plug-mpn-cwh638.html

If you wanted it to look more professional and could find the pins that go inside of the plugs, release them and put the wire directly into the plugs, as seen in this video at the 1:20 mark.

If somebody could find me two connectors as seen in the links above that will actually mate together and act as a quick disconnect I reckon I could solve the problem, as of yet I can't find two plugs like that, that will mate and serve the purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have the factory plug that went into the factory radio. That means that any of these "connectors" will not work for me since my harness has already been cut.

Normally it's a simple plug and play I know, but not in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that....your not getting what I'm trying to tell you. Get one from the junkyard or buy one new....and one that matches yours. I cannot make it any easier for you. I know EXACTLY what you need. This isn't my 1st rodeo...have installed HU many times as well as amps, subs and speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.