Current Company List

jtmoney
10+ year member

i DiDn'T dO iT!!!
let's do something called name and shame.....whenever you have had a bad experience with a company, name them and tell everyone on this forum what your problem/experience was so that others are aware....on the one hand this is aimed at illustrating to us all which companies and stores have a questionable record, but on the other hand also gives them an opportunity to improve upon their mistakes.....

we should have several categories -

ONLINE SELLERS

Theses are the ones that I know of, and some of these are good, some are bad......(more details to follow)

all start with www, surprisingly!

nexxon.com

onlinecarstereo.com

thezeb.com

shop4sound.com

buyloud.com

ampmanaudio.com (check out Lunar amplifiers - v.good stuff, small n powerful)

carmedia1.com

millionbuy.com

soundcity.com

sounddomain.com

etronic.com

carstereomall.com

woofersetc.com

ike-sound.com

nowonspecial.com

crutchfield.com

carstereotime.com (i think a couple of readers had concerns about these guys)

mmexpress.com

bsless.com

uscaraudio.com

soundhabit.com

audioxtc.com

we could also have another category, like stores near you or stores you have dealt with............so whose with me??? (or against me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D )

Heres a quote from somebody who is a TMS regular, courtesy of termpro.

"...yes, I have order from TMS 10+ times, some for me, some for friends, always friendly, fast, and shipped right. They are legit, and, actually are a real shop, not a HUGE warehouse. They are my choice for who to order from online......"

an unfortunate experience of a TERMPRO user.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first bought my "slightly used" D300HC from woofersetc last October, it arrived DOA. It's MOSFETS had been blown, apparently by the person who had first owned it and sent it back to Wetc. If Andrew (the owner) had simply checked the amp before he sold it to me, that problem would have never occured, nor would the problem that recently happened. Well it took 3 MONTHS to get it back! He said that MMATS was fixing it, and that he had no control over their time spent fixing the amp. Well when I got it back, it worked fine for the month or so that I used it, then I took my subs out of my car (the vehicle rattled to a point of embarassment). About a week ago, the amp died in a friend's Yukon (I had lent him the amp until he could afford to buy his own). As it turns out, the MOSFETS had yet again gone bad. Nothing wrong with the install, 4 gauge wire to a distro block with a short 6 gauge wire to the amp (it was being run at 4 ohms, I would never do this @full current draw), and an 8 gauge wire to an Arc 2100 (also lent to him). Well after some emails to Andrew about getting it fixed again, I end up calling one of his "technical guys". He asks me about the install and pretty much whatever I say, he says I shouldn't have done that. Seperate 4 gauge and 8 gauge wire for the two amps in my car, that's a no no (he didn't say why). The distro block setup in my friends car, that's a no no because, as he says, "4 gauge wire isn't meant to be used for applications of over 700 watts." He ends up saying that once MMATS fixes an amp one time, then they assume that any other problems resulting after that are user created, which makes sense to me. He says they should have put a sticker on the bottom of my amp stating something like this. Well I look under my amp, and it turns out that Andrew lied and had never even sent it to MMATS, but to a local "Amp Doctor" (as the only sticker on it stated) repair shop! Well when the tech guy finds this out, he says it may still be under warranty since it wasn't sent to MMATS, and to call back in an hour to find out. Well I just got off the phone with him, and Andrew says that since I bought it from him "slightly used", then it wouldn't be covered under any warranty, so I am left with a god **** $400 paper weight that I spent my hard earned (minimum wage)money on. It sounds like a way for him to just get out of fixing it, because what the hell is the difference between him getting it returned from the kid who messed it up and selling it to me (basically acting as a middle man) and me buying it directly from the kid (in which case I could still get warranty work done on it). Not to mention that when I buy "slightly used" equipment, I sure as hell don't expect slightly used, damaged equipment. And I am supposed to trust the work that this "Amp Doctor" did on this amp? The amp is clearly defective, because what are the chances that the MOSFETS would blow in two different installs? What adds insult to injury, I have been recommending purchasing from woofersetc to people on this and other boards! I can't say for sure, but I have probably contributed to several of the site's sales. Now I don't know what the hell to do. I assumed that Amex insurance would help me out in this situation, but according to the technical guy, it wasn't damaged in shipping so I am screwed! I don't know what the hell to do except to let of steam and have as many people as possible hear my situation. Sorry about the long message, I'm just really pissed right now...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the poor guy tried to save $50 but now it has cost him a lot, lot more......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Here's mine, Speakerhole.com totally *****. They shiped my box to the wrong fukin town and it got all beat up, plus the dicks only put one terminal on a box for 3 12's I mean how cheap can you be? Pretty **** cheap, don't order from them unless you like stuff that *****.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

well ill agree with speakerhole.com somthin has happened to that site at first it was all good but latly i have been having some problems with them so i think they are a shitty place to order from. thezeb.com is pretty **** good for service and everything. i have ordered a few times and i am very happy with them i have also had a problem with a product and they helped me very well. crutchfield is overpriced but does have good service. the list could go on but i dont have enough time right now.

Originally posted by geonn thezeb.com is pretty **** good for service and everything. i have ordered a few times and i am very happy with them i have also had a problem with a product and they helped me very well. crutchfield is overpriced but does have good service.
yep, thats excatly waht ive heard too - crutchfield is expensive but reliable and thezeb just seem to be the good guys - theyve been quite helpful to me in the past and went out of their way in fact (unless some1 can show otherwise???)

CMTTrading.com - I don't even need to explain about these jack-asses. Go on ebay and see how many bad ratings they have from buyers. They literally will take your money, not send your product, and won't respond to your emails. They leave you 1 customer service # that they NEVER answer. I had to sic mastercard on them to get my money back.

Originally posted by EarDrummin. CMTTrading.com - I don't even need to explain about these jack-asses
thanks eardrummin. its partly why i didnt stick cmttrading in the above list as i have never ever heard anything good about these a$$es. keep the responses coming in everyone.

It's been a while since I ordered from crutchfield, but I can tell you they are very reliable. They won't sell you something you don't need, and they don't mind taking the time to explain things to you, even if you have to do the testing with them on the phone. Everybody says they are overpriced, but you gotta figure in that technical support somewhere. Their shipping is also quick, and they don't even question you when a product goes bad. They simply ship it out and you get it in 2-3 days. Crutchfield is definitely a plus for people new to the car audio scene.

hmm buyload the guys there pretty nice and helpful they act like they want your bussiness. Speakerhole does **** they dont want your business and takes a month to answer emails. Onlinecarstereo I bought a indash tv from there when it got here it was missing all the wiring so i thought that was kinda funny. Sent it back then got a refurbed one sent that **** thing back and the third time got one with everything new. Crutchfield over priced but if your gonna order a cd player do it out of there they will send the wiring harness adapter and speaker hearness all free which buying seperate could copst up to 30 bucks. Never would buy anythign else too **** expensive. Sounddomain friend order from there good place just took a friggin month to get his stuff. thats all the placed I have delt with on the net.

I just ordered a Type r sub from ikesound.com. I live in Hawaii so if I get it on time I know most of you on the mainland shouldn't have a problem. The people who take the orders could use a personality adjustment but I haven't had any problems yet. I called bsless.com too and the people were nice and helpful but they were out of stock of the JBL 600.1.

I bought 2 type-r's off ikesound maybe like a month ago, went off without a hitch, good site.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Generaly you can save yourself some hassle by only ordering from places that have a phone# where you can actually call and talk to a person so you can make sure your item(S) are in stock. Oh, and my bro. recently got a jbl 600.1 from bsless.com, no problem there either.

Originally posted by dr. no no problem there either.
thats good2hear (& it rhymes too!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif maybe we can start a lil rap or sumpting!! )//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.