Insufficient current causing amp to enter protect mode?

With the voltage at the amplifier staying at 14.3v, I don’t see how the alternator is the problem. That amplifier should drop below 11v before the protection circuit it cuts off.
If you want to check it, have a buddy give you a jump start. Have both cars running and connect a set of jumper cables. That way you have 2 batteries and 2 alternators powering the amplifier. If the amplifier still cuts off, the alternator is not the problem.

With the voltage at the amplifier staying at 14.3v, I don’t see how the alternator is the problem. That amplifier should drop below 11v before the protection circuit it cuts off.
If you want to check it, have a buddy give you a jump start. Have both cars running and connect a set of jumper cables. That way you have 2 batteries and 2 alternators powering the amplifier. If the amplifier still cuts off, the alternator is not the problem.
I’ll try that. I just don’t know what else could be wrong. I see you said the amp, but I don’t understand why I can get 40-60% volume them cuts out on a deeper bass hit.
That’s what Is leading me to believe the amp isn’t defective

Last edited:
after doing more research, I can confirm this is the dumbest thing ive read all day lmao
So you had to go research what an alternator does, and now you're an expert, but won't say how you think that is wrong? Go ahead and finish that out fool. Go ahead and try to explain how it's "the dumbest thing you read all day".

Literally just trying to help your ignorant ass, and you act like some punk ass kid.

Last edited:
So you had to go research what an alternator does, and now you're an expert, but won't say how you think that is wrong? Go ahead and finish that out fool. Go ahead and try to explain how it's "the dumbest thing you read all day".

Literally just trying to help your ignorant ass, and you act like some punk ass kid.
nope, I went and talked to a mechanic and a master electrician. youre the one who was being arrogant to begin with dude

nope, I went and talked to a mechanic and a master electrician. youre the one who was being arrogant to begin with dude
Then stop stalling while you search, and go ahead, and say WHY you think it's wrong. You don't know what an alternator does. I told you. I told you why it can't be that if you have proper voltage. Then gave you an easily understood analogy. So go ahead and say why.

(Everyone else here knows you don't know ****, if you went and "talked to a master electrician" about it).

Then stop stalling while you search, and go ahead, and say WHY you think it's wrong. You don't know what an alternator does. I told you. I told you why it can't be that if you have proper voltage. Then gave you an easily understood analogy. So go ahead and say why.

(Everyone else here knows you don't know ****, if you went and "talked to a master electrician" about it).
dont need to search up anything because thats all ive been doing the last 2 weeks trying to figure this out. dont be a dickhead and people wont treat you like one

Nope, it's just you kid. I was helping you, and you were the dickhead, and now you're being a child. You've skipped it for three posts. Go ahead and say WHY IT'S WRONG.
no, you wern't. you were being a smart ass, and you still are. when your engine is running, your alternator provides power to your entire electrical system AND charges the battery. all the battery is used for is getting your starter to start. then the alternator takes over and powers every electronic in your car.

no, you wern't. you were being a smart ass, and you still are. when your engine is running, your alternator provides power to your entire electrical system AND charges the battery. all the battery is used for is getting your starter to start. then the alternator takes over and powers every electronic in your car.
WRONG. Your battery powers your electrical system, just like ALL BATTERIES DO IN EVERY OTHER DEVICE. Your alternator recharges the battery.

hence why these gigantic vans full of subs need 3-4 alternators to keep everything running, especially while idling. if you think all the alternator does is charge your battery, I got some news for ya
WRONG. Your battery powers your electrical system, just like ALL BATTERIES DO IN EVERY OTHER DEVICE. Your alternator recharges the battery.
look it up dude, literally anywhere.

hence why these gigantic vans full of subs need 3-4 alternators to keep everything running, especially while idling. if you think all the alternator does is charge your battery, I got some news for ya

They need that many alternators to keep the battery from draining out.

If what you said you were true, then every vehicle would only have a battery big enough to turn the starter. How do you not get how stupid that is?

If what you said you were true, then every vehicle would only have a battery big enough to turn the starter. How do you not get how stupid that is?
I never said they didnt. that is exactly what it does. it also provides supplemental power to every electrical device in the car

Has the ground been verified?
IMHO if there’s an inadequate ground a spike in the draw can cause problems.
Check resistance between various points on the vehicle and the battery negative, engine block and ground points.

I never said they didnt. that is exactly what it does. it also provides supplemental power to every electrical device in the car
Here is you contradicting yourself. Don't back pedal now.

because then if your alternator dies youll instantly come to a stop. Large car batteries allow you to travel for 10 or so miles. and its not just for driving. its for idling
Here is you contradicting yourself. Don't back pedal now.
brice15s said:

so you just gonnna gloss over this to make yourself seem right? lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...