Build list

I’m really thinking about running 3 tw5s and just upgrading all my mid range and highs also with the money left over sense the 18s and everything would just about equal that
I really just want something to sound good I love tons of bass but I have a sweet spot for a nice sounding system, I know the JL would have sound quality on there side, but I’m worried I’ll be missing out on the low rumble of the 18s but then again the 18s would be sluggish compared to the sealed JLs

I really just want something to sound good I love tons of bass but I have a sweet spot for a nice sounding system, I know the JL would have sound quality on there side, but I’m worried I’ll be missing out on the low rumble of the 18s but then again the 18s would be sluggish compared to the sealed JLs
I am currently running 2 of those 13s on 1200 watts and you are correct on their musical advantage. They do rumble quite nice so you will only miss out on extreme volume IMO.

I am currently running 2 of those 13s on 1200 watts and you are correct on their musical advantage. They do rumble quite nice so you will only miss out on extreme volume IMO.
Nice man. Think I’ll be ok running a 2500 rock ford fosgate? Don’t want to turn it up and blow a sub. Also do you know how the boosted knob works on those amps compared to like normal gain knob?

Also do you know how the boosted knob works on those amps compared to like normal gain knob?
The amp I am using is a JL 1200/1. It uses a Q booster which I found quite annoying. Basically you choose a frequency that you wish to boost/attenuate. In my case, I set it at 45Hz being that it is more or less at the center of the bass spectrum. It ONLY attenuates (or boosts) that frequency, so all other bass will still be playing balls to the wall when an overly aggressive bass track kicks in, possibly damaging your subs if you are slow on the trigger.
I solved this issue by using an inline gain attenuator that also has a frequency adjuster. I turn the amp's Q knob completely down and the inline at half and the frequency wide open.
If the song's bass is level, I turn up the inline gain; if it lacks lower end, I turn up the amp's Q. If the song's upper bass notes are too strong, I turn down the inline's frequency.
I now really love the amp/inline combo because I have full control of the bass quality regardless of how the song was recorded.
Screenshot_20230530-071216.png

Last edited:
If you want to hit the really nice lows in the sub stage. you simply just have to make the sacrifice and give up the space needed and the supply for the demand

Im upgrading the new trucks bass sense it’s definitely lacking in that department just to mention the truck is also a crew cab, but ive come to a fork in the road, I was originally thinking 3 JL tw5s on a 2500 amp it would be a sealed under the seat box. As this would be good I’ve been tossing around the idea of just going all out 2 18s and fold the seats up. Wanting to do something along the lines of 2 sundown night shade with a salt 6 or 8 ect. I don’t use the seats much but when I do I’m thank full that I have them. But the main question is would I be getting enough with the JLs I really want those lows and just to be loud but I also really like the space the truck brings. What do you think about it
I would go with a sealed under the seat box. Perserves your space, and I'm sure you can get the sound you want.... Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...