Crossover settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

beaver6713

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,I am new to the site, hope I can get some help as I have put a fair amount of money into my build, now need to tune it. I have the Kenwood DNX892 HU, Focal 6.5 inch fx series components front and rear doors, (2) 10" Image Dynamic subs in a ported box, JL Auido RD400/4 for the mids and tweeters, Rockford Fosgate Prime R2/1200/1 for the subs, subs are wired at 1 ohm.
With my HU set at flat I used the SMD DD-1 to set both amp gains. HU clips at 30 so I run it max 28.
My question is how and what to set the crossovers at?
The focals FS is 70. The following settings are in the HU itself, I have the amp crossovers bypassed as I have heard that you do not want to use both at the same time.
I currently have the HP set at 120HZ with a slope of 12db and the LP set at 100HZ with a slope of 12db.

Are these settings close to what they should be?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,I am new to the site, hope I can get some help as I have put a fair amount of money into my build, now need to tune it. I have the Kenwood DNX892 HU, Focal 6.5 inch fx series components front and rear doors, (2) 10" Image Dynamic subs in a ported box, JL Auido RD400/4 for the mids and tweeters, Rockford Fosgate Prime R2/1200/1 for the subs, subs are wired at 1 ohm.
With my HU set at flat I used the SMD DD-1 to set both amp gains. HU clips at 30 so I run it max 28.
My question is how and what to set the crossovers at?
The focals FS is 70. The following settings are in the HU itself, I have the amp crossovers bypassed as I have heard that you do not want to use both at the same time.
I currently have the HP set at 120HZ with a slope of 12db and the LP set at 100HZ with a slope of 12db.

Are these settings close to what they should be?

Thanks
Are you able to make your slopes sharper like 18db or 24db? That would help tighten your sound in your midbass to bass reproduction. 100hz is a bit high for LPF. Try 80 or 63 @ 18db or 24db. You need to experiment based on your equipment and car. HPF for your focals will depend on how much sound deadener you have applied to your doors. If not much or at all then 120hz is fine but you will be missing some midbass. If you’re confident youR door rattles are under control, then bring it down slowly to 100 and 80 to see if they can handle them. Based on the FS of 70, they can easily go down to 80hz @ 24db but that will depend on how well insulated your doors are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.