AFTER MARKET HARNESS

Participant count
  • Participant list

Troylang

CarAudio.com Newbie
so i butchered my harness off. hardwired the stereo. car starts but no power to head unit. pioneer avh 501ex car is 2006 monte carlo . from what i understand is that i have no switch power lead and need to run one from the fuse box to head unit . doing some research some say dont do that and run it to a pink wire under steering colum. some say that if i get a aftermarked harness for onstar and door chimes and steering wheel controlls that my switched power lead will be taken care of. Please help im confussed all the more

There is an accessory wire in the harness connected to the ignition switch on your steering column; which turns on the power for your accessories. The color will be different based on the model and year of your vehicle. If you've already determined that yours is pink, you can use it for your setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.