Amps and Subwoofers

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonathanLopez

I have a 2012 Dodge Challenger and the previous owner left 2 amps in the trunk but I guess he took the subwoofers. I have almost no experience with amps or subs so I was wondering how to know which subs can go with the amps that I have. I’ll attach some pictures of what I’m working with. Any help or info would be much appreciated!
43f20915f969e7b93911c34f3ea48199.jpg
37cb638ecad2e5f222dcbe80ca8066f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omg the boss is worthless., jl not really strong enough sell them and get more powerful amp.. well help u find stuff.. how much $ can u spend?

However much it takes for some good sound lol

dude don't say that on here some of these guys have 10's in their doors 4 18's and $2k or more just in wire and batteries lol.. u can get a fair set up with 1 12" sub nice ported box a 4 channel amp, power front speakers with 2 channels bridge 2 channels to sub (we don't run rear speakers) or a 5 channel or 1 2 channel and a mono sub amp like we use for say $650-$2k or so + wire.. thats y i ask a $ amount i did same thing here last yr so if u mean like $300 sub amp and box it'll be hard unless u can make your own box, or if u are doing sealed box (easier but not as loud)..

if u wanta idea of a fair starter system i post some links.. for 2 door speakers Zapco ST-2B 2-Channel Full Range Class A/B Amplifier believe or not guy here test amps has utube channel tested this amp to do over 800 rms @ 2 ohm https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109GTX500/JBL-GTX500.html this is the lowest price amps to start with and then decent 12" sub can be had for about $200 (sound qubed had big sale last month over now) so what we gotts know is how loud do u want to be or do u just want it to sound pretty good or rattle house windows cause that cost more..

if u wanta idea of a fair starter system i post some links.. for 2 door speakers Zapco ST-2B 2-Channel Full Range Class A/B Amplifier believe or not guy here test amps has utube channel tested this amp to do over 800 rms @ 2 ohm https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109GTX500/JBL-GTX500.html this is the lowest price amps to start with and then decent 12" sub can be had for about $200 (sound qubed had big sale last month over now) so what we gotts know is how loud do u want to be or do u just want it to sound pretty good or rattle house windows cause that cost more..
I’m just looking for something so I can feel the music inside the car, don’t really want anyone to feel it from outside lol nothing too crazy. And as for $ I’d probably spend up to $600

I’m just looking for something so I can feel the music inside the car, don’t really want anyone to feel it from outside lol nothing too crazy. And as for $ I’d probably spend up to $600

if car is v6 then those amps will work if v8 may need more power and 2 subs to hear over motor/exhaust.. u listen to rock or rap? how much trunk are u willing to give up? remember u will have $100 or more in wire etc for 2 amps and if u can't install another $100 or more for installer (buy wire online and take it to to them get better wire and save $, what wire depends on amp/s u get, cross that bridge later) u can get mono sub amp, 1- 12 and ported box see how that sounds (basically what i have) if u can't make a box then u got $ in that,the lowest decently made/tuned box i would recommend online is like $160 shipped like mine (in avatar) but with carpet without double baffle but that depends on sub.. but sounds like u may just want a sealed box which is cheaper and easier not as loud

Sell the Boss amp and get a decent 2 or 4 channel amp then get some nice component speakers for up front. The front stage is the most important so you can save money and not worry about messing with the rear speakers.

How much space are you willing to sacrifice for bass? 250w for sub stage isn't a whole lot but with the right box could feel like a lot more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.