Critique my Build

Cant forget about Hybrid Audio Technologies... He could get an Imagine set or even a Clarus set... Great SQ to SQL speakers there... Those Massive components are not that expensive... But yes like Mast240 said, there is SOOOO many sets and so many opinions. I have heard so much good stuff about Boston Acoustics SEs that I would say use them. I am really thinking about getting a set. And you always gotta remember, the more power you have for your components, the better. A lot of people think their components dont sound good, but they usually dont have enough power. Such as the JBL Gti MKii set. I know a guy that was running 400 watts a side! Which is crazy! But he loved them with that kind of power. I would say try to do 150 a side or a little more.

Cant forget about Hybrid Audio Technologies... He could get an Imagine set or even a Clarus set... Great SQ to SQL speakers there... Those Massive components are not that expensive... But yes like Mast240 said, there is SOOOO many sets and so many opinions. I have heard so much good stuff about Boston Acoustics SEs that I would say use them. I am really thinking about getting a set. And you always gotta remember, the more power you have for your components, the better. A lot of people think their components dont sound good, but they usually dont have enough power. Such as the JBL Gti MKii set. I know a guy that was running 400 watts a side! Which is crazy! But he loved them with that kind of power. I would say try to do 150 a side or a little more.
i will agree with you to a point... one thing tho... more power doesnt always mean better sound (a 300w driver wont always sound better then a 100w driver)... has alot to do with sensitivity, and build quality.... just wanted to get that in there, so the OP didnt misread that (even tho i'm sure its not what you meant, u kno)

i will agree with you to a point... one thing tho... more power doesnt always mean better sound (a 300w driver wont always sound better then a 100w driver)... has alot to do with sensitivity, and build quality.... just wanted to get that in there, so the OP didnt misread that (even tho i'm sure its not what you meant, u kno)
Yea, thanks for clearing that up, I just keep typing sometimes. I meant that the more power you give to a driver, not the driver RMS wattage. AS we all know, many quality drivers can take well beyond RMS wattage.

I wish I could hear every single one in person haha.
We all do. But just hearing them in a sound board only tells you so much. After about a week of research, just pull the trigger and try something out. You always have the opportunity to lose some money buy selling them and buying diff stuff, but you will end up doing that anyway.

Nope, never is. Only ideal solutions for specific situations. One thing that is common with what ever you pick is a good solid installation. Without it, the most expensive speakers in the world will sound like a$$ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nope, never is. Only ideal solutions for specific situations. One thing that is common with what ever you pick is a good solid installation. Without it, the most expensive speakers in the world will sound like a$$ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
this... i've heard guys with 1000 dollar sets that sound like complete garbage, and guys with 100 dollar sets that gave me an eargasm... install is a HUGE part of it.

and no... there isnt a "clear" winner. thats one of the reasons, i think, SPL is easier to judge then SQ... SPL you have set parameters to measure sound pressure... SQ is all about the person listening to it

Sound Quality is all about accurately reproducing the music. Sound Quality competition is all about a judge(s) ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ya id agree on rainbow, hertz and focal. the utopias anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I know most people think JL's overpriced but if you can scope out a great deal on some Evo's there sound is pretty good. Dont pay retail for em tho

If you like Alpine, the type X components sound excellent IMO. You'll pay for them though.... If you budget 150$ or so into some sound deadening for your doors a 200$ set of components will sound great, if you don't treat your doors, odds are a 600$ set will sound like wet arse.

Zed Audio amps are full range class D and will blow the Alpine amps out of the water on all fronts. All the crossover options you need on-board and look **** as hell. I've auditioned a PDX amp and wasn't impressed.... they are also notorious for being noisy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.