Clifff150’s 2009 F-150 Build

Participant count
  • Participant list
I didn’t get any extras. Just the normal 12” sub. I’ll definitely post pics once it arrives.
I bought mine in 2013 shortly after they released that model. I think they upgraded in 2017 as well. I may email them to see what changed. I might be building a box for the LI in her 4Runner and throw the IA10.1 on it.

Well, I got everything installed today. I am using the US Acoustics Mike and have it mounted behind the backseat (thinking about mounting it to the box and protecting it with plexi because it’s so pretty). I am using the existing 4 gauge for power and ground as the runs are like 12-18 inches and the Mike has 4 gauge inputs. Today was more of a get it installed and start testing day. I will likely use 1/0 for the power/ground later. It started to rain so I had to haul ass to finish.

I’m going to break it in for a little bit first but so far it sounds really good. Definitely an upgrade over the 2 10’s sealed. I’m sure firing the sub elsewhere would yield better results but this was my only option with 2 kids. Once it’s broken in I’ll get the amp dialed in. The build quality of the Mike is really nice by the way. Very solid and so beautiful to look at. I see why SSA is using the same boards and heat sinks now.

Well, I got everything installed today. I am using the US Acoustics Mike and have it mounted behind the backseat (thinking about mounting it to the box and protecting it with plexi because it’s so pretty). I am using the existing 4 gauge for power and ground as the runs are like 12-18 inches and the Mike has 4 gauge inputs. Today was more of a get it installed and start testing day. I will likely use 1/0 for the power/ground later. It started to rain so I had to haul ass to finish.
View attachment 29617View attachment 29618View attachment 29619View attachment 29620View attachment 29621
Very nice! Love that surround on the sub!

I’m going to break it in for a little bit first but so far it sounds really good. Definitely an upgrade over the 2 10’s sealed. I’m sure firing the sub elsewhere would yield better results but this was my only option with 2 kids. Once it’s broken in I’ll get the amp dialed in. The build quality of the Mike is really nice by the way. Very solid and so beautiful to look at. I see why SSA is using the same boards and heat sinks now.
Mind sharing of pic of the Mike!

Aaron said they are coming out with a Demon 1600 so I’m assuming it will be exactly like the Mike with Tiffany style RCA’s and a little beefier components inside. Their offerings of the Demon line up are just like US Acoustics but with some upgrades but the price doesn’t seem too much more.

I will get one soon. I totally forgot to snap a pic before the rain came. Southeastern Texas is getting hammered with rain daily and there’s so much flooding. I’m am so over rain!
Lol, while I prefer the sunny days, it is getting a little dry here so some rain would be greatly appreciated. my face will definitely flare up if I go outside right now. Rosacea s@cks! I want to go out and install my new alternator but not in this heat. Wish I had a garage ☹

I feel you on the garage. I have to go to my father in laws anytime I need to work on my rides (minus oil changes and basic stuff). It’s fun though because there’s always a kegerator 👍

It’s definitely a pretty sub LOL. I’ll share a pic of my LI soon too. I had the DP dust cap put on so it looks pretty legit IMO. Does yours have the shredder basket?

Thats looking really good.
I think I'm defiantly ditching the screws in favour of the nail gun on my next one
Just a piece of advice
You might want to put something over that piece that sticks up from under the seat
I have kids too and you know their going to put their feet up on it
I hate to see the wood get all wet

Thats looking really good.
I think I'm defiantly ditching the screws in favour of the nail gun on my next one
Just a piece of advice
You might want to put something over that piece that sticks up from under the seat
I have kids too and you know their going to put their feet up on it
I hate to see the wood get all wet
True. And maybe a grill over the sub as well. For whatever reason, seems a dust cap just speaks to kids saying”push me”😂. I had my wife’s nephew come over one day and push the dust caps in on a set of mids I had. Being my sub is in a center console box up front, I’ll be adding the 4 bar grill from parts express

Yeah, I am debating what to put on that to protect it. On the plus side, the kids don’t ride in my truck too often. There’s a disclaimer to get in my truck, don’t mess with the audio equipment lolololol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...