Choosing the better Sound Deadner, Help?

Hey guys, Nick here, owner/founder/janitor of ResoNix. There's no easy way to say this without coming off as cocky, or arrogant, or whatever else, but whatever.. I can promise that you will not find a better CLD than our Squares. I'm also willing to bet that you cannot find a more effective product PER DOLLAR spent than our product. Yes, it's expensive, but good stuff ain't cheap to make. That said, expensive stuff isn't always good. The 2 deadeners the OP listed are both manufactured by Lanbo. They make absolute crap products and all of these "3-in-1" products are the same butyl, foam, and aluminum, just sometimes in different thicknesses with a different logo slapped on. You couldn't pay me to install these into my or a customer's car. Many reports of their products melting (plenty of pics if you search). The only other CLD I would bother using is Second Skin, but even then, for the dollar spent ResoNix Squares are truly a top dog, which is exactly what their intent was from day 1. My idea for ResoNix didn't come to fruition to make money on selling it to the public. My original intent was to just use it in my shop to provide my shop with the best product possible until I realized how insanely high the minimum order quantities are. That's where selling it came into play. It truly is a weekend beer money business for me. I don't care for crazy marketing, insane markups, or lies to push my product and support myself on it. Buy it, don't buy it, that's for you to decide. But again, I can promise there is nothing like our offerings. Speaking of offerings, there are more products in the works ;)

I'm looking at getting 100 sheets of either one if these to do my entire truck or most of it anyways. Trying to reduce rattling and maybe sealing my car up better so temperatures from outside don't leak in our out. Which would be better? All in all? Thanks.

- Sky High 3 in 1 240 mil
- GP STFU 250 mil
Go to Lowes and get a 9"x33' roll of window-door isulation. Its probably the same stuff but not as thick. It's sticky as heck, peel off wax paper backing, use a roller to press out bubbles and get into crevices ect. $20 for 297 SQ FT meant that every SQ in possible got covered... Doors close, ears pop

When I was doing my car I got inpatient to get it done so I decided not to order on line and went to buy some from the local installer that I normally deal with.
In the past they sold Hushmat but switched suppliers.
They now sell SQL Audio Soundmat
I was not impressed
Hard to work with, can't over heat it. Was a pain in the ass to get to stay stuck down in the dips and the corners.
Should have just waited for the second skin

There is someone in the Sound Deadening group & on DIYMA that has been doing testing for the past few years on just about every known brand out there. He does this on his own dime, machines & everything. Resonix comes out on top every single time. 2nd & 3rd are and ICR which spot each is in...Second Skin & Dynamat Extreme. Fatmat, Killmat, Noico are all the same people and junk. Doesn't matter what the test is Resonix is the top brand.

So no this stuff about oh just get some stuff from home depot or w/e is not the same nor is it the same quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.