Can Someone Please Check My Box For Me?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sml238
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok well I started building a box but before I glue and screw it all together I want to make sure im 100% correct.

Box dimensions

H = 16.5"

W = 43"

D = 17.25" (That's including the double baffle)

Port dimensions

W = 4.5"

Port L1 = 10.5x15" (The port length is really 12" because the double baffle adds 1.5" to the port length

Port L2 = 4.25x15"

Can anyone tell me my port area, tuning, and box volume after displacing the port?

My goals are

- 4 net cubes

- 36hz

EDIT:

Here's a pic of my box so you can understand how my double baffle is. See how both baffles are on top of the port making it 1.5' longer.

Box_4_1.jpg

Your box will be 4.5ft^3 tuned to 35hz not counting in speaker displacement.
i got 36hz. how come u got diff? did u understand about my port length and everything?

and will a 45 angle piece change the tuning?

my speaker is .23 and the angle pieces will take up about .15. so my box will be about 4.1 cubes.

Your well within recommended specs for your Audioque. 4ft^3 ported is perfect.

Just don't get too crazy with your power and listen to your sub. She will tell you if you're over working it.

Your well within recommended specs for your Audioque. 4ft^3 ported is perfect.
Just don't get too crazy with your power and listen to your sub. She will tell you if you're over working it.
ok thanks. but you think it will be alright? it should actually be just about 4 cubes even after all the angle braces and ****.

but i was thinking. after my sub is in the box and i add the angle cuts. thats going to raise my tuning wont it?

should i make the second port length like 4.5" or 5" to keep the tuning at 36hz?

ok thanks. but you think it will be alright? it should actually be just about 4 cubes even after all the angle braces and ****.
but i was thinking. after my sub is in the box and i add the angle cuts. thats going to raise my tuning wont it?

should i make the second port length like 4.5" or 5" to keep the tuning at 36hz?
The design that you have (Or the one I gave you) Had all the angle's accounted for in volume. Even if you don't put them in there they take up so little of volume that it is not going to be a change in tuning

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.