Reg cab S10 boxes

Um, I did a box for my budies 03 regular cab s-10. Did 4 12" kicker CVT's. Very tight on space. I believe the box was 8.75 inches at the bottom, 3.5 inches at the top, 16 inches high, and I believe it was 52inches long

Hmm.. any perticular setup your wanting to do? In a truck like that it would seem more logical to use shallow mount subs cuz I know there isn't enough depth for a sub like in your avatar. My 97 GMC sonoma whish is pretty much a S-10 has(did have) a blow-through. I went through all kinds of boxes behind the seats. Never found what I was looking for so I cut it up. But then I sold it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i used to have a reg cab sonoma, i had 4 10"s in a box that was 51" wide, ~21" tall, 4" top depth, 10" bottom depth. it took up a ton of room, and still wasnt really enough airspace for 4 10"s sealed. I would suggest a box with a bottom depth around 7" and top depth around 3", 51" wide, and maybe 16-18" tall. that should be enough for 2 nice 12"s

i used to have a reg cab sonoma, i had 4 10"s in a box that was 51" wide, ~21" tall, 4" top depth, 10" bottom depth. it took up a ton of room, and still wasnt really enough airspace for 4 10"s sealed. I would suggest a box with a bottom depth around 7" and top depth around 3", 51" wide, and maybe 16-18" tall. that should be enough for 2 nice 12"s
I want to fit the two Mach 5 SPL-12s behind the seats.. i was thinking external aeros between the seats

how deep are those and what kind of box specs?
spl_twelve04.jpg

Features

Extreme high power, high output subwoofer

Designed for SPL/SQL performance

3" dual 2 Ohm high temperature voice coil

Thick pulp cone with foam surround

Solid pole

Triple stacked 8.5" magnet structure

6 layer spyders

2,500 watts RMS thermal power handling

can withstand burps of up to 8,000 watts

Shipping included in price

(within North America)

Power Handling - 1,500 watts daily usage; 2,500 watts thermal

Sensitivity - 90.5db (2.83 volts)

Impedance - 2 + 2 Ohm

Recommended Box Sizes

Sealed - N/A

Ported - 84 litres (3 cu. ft.) 36Hz tuning

Competition - varies with vehicle and install

T/S Parameters

Fs = 42.9 Hz

Re = 3.8 Ohms

Qes = 0.32

Qms = 2.35

Qts = 0.28

Mms = 258.5 g

Rms = 29.6 kg/s

Cms = 0.053 mm/N

VAS = 14.1 litres

Sd = 433.7 cm2

BL = 28.7

Xmax = 17 mm

I don't have the stock seat, I'm currently fabbing up some brackets to fit 1st gen Prelude buckets in it. I don't care if it comes up past the window line.

These subs have no pole vent also, so... they can be close to the back wall.

Any ideas anyone?

I'd do a blowthrough but I don't know if the gasket is re-usable. I will have to pull the bed off to fix the fuel sender, and eventually will have to pull it off to install bags... so I don't know if I can re-use the accordian gasket..

Any ideas anyone?
I'd do a blowthrough but I don't know if the gasket is re-usable. I will have to pull the bed off to fix the fuel sender, and eventually will have to pull it off to install bags... so I don't know if I can re-use the accordian gasket..
buy 2 of them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.