Need Enclosure Design for 12" Fi Q

Participant count
  • Participant list

tooshort_128
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just took some measurements of my trunk and I have these to work with: 14 high, 16 deep, and up to 30 wide. The sub will be powered with a Diamond D5 1200.1 and is going in the trunk of a Chrysler 300C. I'd like it to be very musical (good sq), have great low end, and be able to blend in with my Boston Acoustics interior speakers. Sealed or ported doesn't matter but if ported I'd like it tuned low. Any help?

I started working on a ported design but the space is a bit too small for an optimal ported enclosure...it would be right on the line of being too small and you would have to start sacrificing port area, etc etc...

But here's a sealed enclosure, it will come to 1.129375 cubes net, with .5" insets on the sides for easier carpeting..

FiQ12sealed.jpg

Any Q's just let me know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So I don't have enough space to work with for a ported box, huh? If I need to go sealed, I'd like to have 1.5 cubes net after displacement. It could be 1.25" taller and can go 5" or 6" deeper. Will that give me enough room to work?

You have PM

1.97 cubic feet after all displacement. 27 square inches of port tuned at 30Hz. All port edges rounded and 45's. Double baffle and sub flushed in box

FI_Q_Box_2.jpg

FI_Q_Box.jpg

Using 2-4" Aero's with box volume at 2 cubic feet tuned to 30Hz port length would we almost 35 inches each and will not fit in the box. Now if he uses 1-4" Aero then it will fit.
Do you even factor in port displacement?

Two 4" Aero ports 28" long will yield a box of...

2.42ft^3 tuned to 30hz.

And you can bend Aero ports if need be...

So if I used Aero ports, the box could be smaller because port displacement is less, right?
If you want the box to be smaller, yes.

But remember the smaller you make your box the longer your ports have to be. So keep that in mind.

oh, if that's the case how small could I make the box? I'm cool with anything down the the FI recommended 1.8 cubes for the sub. I need room in the trunk for the stroller....lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.