Can my sub really handle this much?

YES, you can use a 1kw amp to power a 600rms sub. just turn the gain down watch and listen to the sub and if you see it hit its limit you will know. You will here it bottom out.

When you get the sub and start to hook up everything up have the amp gain all the way down. After finished with wiring and everything is ready to go play like 50 Hz or a rap song, or the like at 3/4 volume. While at this volume slowly start to raise the gain once at the very start of a distort sound slightly turn gain down and you should be good to go and shouldn't have any problems with your setup. Just stay away from clipping the sub and make sure your wires are efficient enough to run the sub clean and will doing fine. I would keep your bass boost off or down all the way on amp to keep clean as possible. It's always a good thing to go that extra bit and run the big three while wiring up for your setup. Also if your amp has a subsonic filter, set it within 5 Hz of box frequency. Example, my current box frequency is 39.5 Hz and my subsonic filter is set to 35 Hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.