building...mounting question

Participant count
  • Participant list

d audio 450
10+ year member

i know it would be alot harder than just a normal rectangle trisub box, but would biulding a box somewhat like the picture below be a stupid idea?, would anyone advise against it for any specific reasons?

any comments appreciated

thanks

-pat

the drwing aint the greatest, but i think i got the idea across- i would mount that middle sub upside down- its really just an idea--- id plan for there to be about 1.0cubic feet per 10"sub

thanks again

no...the idea is fine....for simplity you could build the 3 boxes and glue them together....its a bit stronger, but you do have 2 extra peices of mdf in there....by upside down, do you mean inverted? (basket out) ....i dont know that i would advise that, although in theory it should work out ok to mix inverted and standard mount....just be sure to reverse polarity on the one thats inverted.

im debating whether to do it or not- but definitly thanks for remimdin me to switch polarity on the inverted sub...not doing that would put it 180 out of phase- and cancel half the bass- def thanks man

-pat

more like 2/3 the bass would be gone, if your like me, i would mess it uip and then spend hours figuring out why i dont have insane bass.

yea, i put a syatem in for my friend with 2 12" xplods and a kenwood "1000w" amp- turned it on, cranked it up, and crap- the lousy-est bass youve ever herad, nothing real low, just like 150hz and it sounded like crap- lookin at the subs, you could tell that one wasnt actin right...it was pu;llin in while the other one was kickin out...then i realized that the person who hooked the speakers up to the box had switched the polarity on the one sub- making for close to 100% cancelation because the subs werent indpendently sealed, and SPL in the box wasnt going changing inside the box- fixed it, now it pounds like hell-

-pat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.