Need advice on GM new stereo wiring.

Participant count
  • Participant list

HandsomeSteve

CarAudio.com Newbie
Need advice on new stereo wiring.

Can I not use the GM adaptor when using new speaker wires?

I purchased the rp4 gm11 adaptor when I connected this blaupunkt to a 08 saab97x made by GM so I could reuse the saabs speakers, wires an it’s amps.

Now I want to install this blaupunkt Portland 310

This yes it’s cheap but I want NAV an didn’t want to spend a grand on a pioneer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721T83D6/?tag=caraudiocom-20

into my 05 Chevy express 3500 van it does’nt have steering wheel controls or amps. So I’d prefer to just run speaker wires an other required wires from back of the blaupunkt.

Here’s the wireing diagram on the blaupunkt I checked what I think are the required wires.
lable on blaupunkt minium wiringP.jpg

Since I’m not using a external amp can I bi-amp the front speaker wire w/ the backs?or is bi-amping only for external amps?

Also confused on speaker inputs or is this just for the rp4gm11 an using the vehicles amps?
confused on outputs.jpg

Planning to use just fronts one pair of 3ohm speakers to make up for the lack of external amp.

These https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SCTG9YP/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Thanks for any tips on installing this radio.

Here’s the wireing diagram on the blaupunkt I checked what I think are the required wires.
Also use the Orange wire. It will be constant 12v.
Since I’m not using a external amp can I bi-amp the front speaker wire w/ the backs?or is bi-amping only for external amps?
Yes, you can bi-amp your co-axials. You just separate the tweeter wires ftom the terminals and splice them to the front channels. Then the Rear channels to the 6.5s. TBH I do not see a benefit to doing that. The speakers will get the same power whether you keep them as is or separate them.
Also confused on speaker inputs or is this just for the rp4gm11 an using the vehicles amps?
I have no clue what those inputs are used for, but you can just tape them off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...