Building a slanted box

(base1+base2) or the top and bottom most likly devided by 2 times the lenght times width so (b1+b2)/2 *H*L then you take that number and devide by 1728 to get yer volume in cubic feet

Hah, if you're talking about a slanted box like so, I believe you take from the top of the slant in a straight line to the bottom, and creat a second rectangle, like so:

You then find the area of (1) then find the area of rectangle (2) and divide by two. Then simply add them together.

I could be wrong, Geometry was quite a while back.
volume.JPG

Geon you are correct.. GA yours is easier though.. The only problem with sites is that most of us work on the box designs when we are supposed to be doing other stuff so the equation is generally needed on the spot..Well at least for the people I know that are into building em.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.