Building a Ported box. Couple of questions before.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boomstang99

Ohio
I'm building a custom ported box for a sundown sa-12. Its going into a 4 door cavalier. Now i'm using a design from the free designs on here. 2Cuft @32Hz. How will that sound throughout the frequency range. Mainly talking 30-80. I listen to mostly rap and rock. With a little of everything else. I want the lows to have some impact but also get that kick in disturbed songs. Should i tune a little higher like 35hz? Also i plan on having port and sub facing the rear towards the trunk. It's going to be a L shape port. Should i mount the subwoofer in front of the port wall or on the other side where the port doesn't reach. Cause i stumbled across another post of a guy that was having issues and they told him to mount it in front of the port wall. Just wanting to make sure i build it correct before i commit lol.

Sundown recommends 35hz so as you mentioned 35 too, use that. Sub and port facing back is correct in most trunk applications. As far in front of the port or opposite end, I have not heard of anyone say there is a difference. If you think about a box that has 2 subs and an L port, one is towards the opposite end more than the other. Good luck with the build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.