Build for 1993 Pontiac Firebird limited space need help!

Look at the pretty girl all nice and clean!

I was wiring the subs and ran short of wire by 1ft lol figures, i belive sat imna solder the lugs on to the Eb Flex and do my big 3 as well more pics to come!

So while i was pulling the seat covers and towels on the floor mats put to be washed i figured itd be a good time to test fit the box to see if i could leave the rear seat folded down or if id have to take it off as originaly planned

I think imna keep as planned and remove the back pice so its a little lower and ill have to make a rack that will even it out as seen in the next picture (i know its a **** drawing but its just so ppl can get an idea) red will be the wood the 2 black dots is where it will be bolted into place once the seat bottoms are taken out and the Orange line is what it will be needed to be flush with

To prevent future thefts man, use a sunshade for the car and carry a big towel/blanket to cover the subs whenever you go out. When you get it all in, Flip the box around facing the trunk or face up, see which direction gets you the loudest.

To prevent future thefts man, use a sunshade for the car and carry a big towel/blanket to cover the subs whenever you go out. When you get it all in, Flip the box around facing the trunk or face up, see which direction gets you the loudest.
Ill make sure to get a towel that matches the interior a little, i already use a sunshade at all times so that'll be taken care of, i was also thinking of getting darker tint on the back glass to help hide it, also gonna be looking into getting a better alarm.

Yea thats the only part imna hate doing since the box is pretty heavy with them in it and its a pain to get it in and out empty so i can imagine loaded lol

Ill make sure to get a towel that matches the interior a little, i already use a sunshade at all times so that'll be taken care of, i was also thinking of getting darker tint on the back glass to help hide it, also gonna be looking into getting a better alarm.
Yea thats the only part imna hate doing since the box is pretty heavy with them in it and its a pain to get it in and out empty so i can imagine loaded lol
Just be glad its birch. MDF is way heavier.

Ive been gone for awhile except for a couple pop ins but my project has been put on a stand still for a new.... "project" you can say lol

I got a lifter tick so time to tear down Patty and clean her up a bit, i got everything off and parts are out imna inspect the cam this weekend and see if ill have to pull the engine.

While im at it and the intake is out i cleaned it up real nice and every hole masked off for a new coat of paint

First i did 7 coats of high temp gray engine primer

Then i did 10 coats of high temp engine red since they didnt have a maroon color to match my car

Pulled the tape and im pretty happy with the way it came out

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been gone for awhile except for a couple pop ins but my project has been put on a stand still for a new.... "project" you can say lol
I got a lifter tick so time to tear down Patty and clean her up a bit, i got everything off and parts are out imna inspect the cam this weekend and see if ill have to pull the engine.

While im at it and the intake is out i cleaned it up real nice and every hole masked off for a new coat of paint

First i did 7 coats of high temp gray engine primer

Then i did 10 coats of high temp engine red since they didnt have a maroon color to match my car

Pulled the tape and im pretty happy with the way it came out

Looking awesome man! Post how you like the subs, considering one for myself.

Im running a pair in my CRV, on 1500+ rms..DVC2 Ohms@ 2ohms..They bang pretty hard..Great subs for the money..AB XFLS get pretty nasty too

Wish i could comment on them but they have been in my room wver since i put them into the box i never got a chamce to get an amp and install everything, after im done with the engine imna install everything

Im running a pair in my CRV, on 1500+ rms..DVC2 Ohms@ 2ohms..They bang pretty hard..Great subs for the money..AB XFLS get pretty nasty too
Wish i could comment on them but they have been in my room wver since i put them into the box i never got a chamce to get an amp and install everything, after im done with the engine imna install everything
How would you feel one in a ported box tuned to 32 would compare to a sundown Sa 12 in a sealed box?

How would you feel one in a ported box tuned to 32 would compare to a sundown Sa 12 in a sealed box?
The HDS310 in approx 1.8-2.0 @32 htz will Chit all over that sa 12 in a sealed all day long.Ive had SA 12s, and really didnt care for them..I like my XFL 12s, and the SQ 300 series subs.. Both have been diehard, slamming subs for the money..I still feel like my XFLs serve better..even the xfl 10s my friend has on the AB 26801d slamm in 4 cuft@32htz @1ohm..little beast of an amp

The HDS310 in approx 1.8-2.0 @32 htz will Chit all over that sa 12 in a sealed all day long.Ive had SA 12s, and really didnt care for them..I like my XFL 12s, and the SQ 300 series subs.. Both have been diehard, slamming subs for the money..I still feel like my XFLs serve better..even the xfl 10s my friend has on the AB 26801d slamm in 4 cuft@32htz @1ohm..little beast of an amp
**** they need that much airspace? I don't think I can use one then.

How much of a difference do you think having 1.3 or 1.4 cubes with everything external would be?
One HDS310 will hit just fine in that,but gonna loose alot on the low end..might need some power to make it shine..And dont expect it to ripple the roof on your ride.I wouldnt go less that 1.6@34 htz on that ten.You may get a better response out of the SQ 200 series in the space you are looking at. Im not understanding what you mean by(EVERYTHING EXTERNAL??)Aero Port??Might serve some justice on the 1.4..Though Ive never tried it myself.I generally find a sub/pair that I can get the most out of in a ported enclosure for my vehicles, or sealed, depending on the vehicle..You may get a better response in a sealed enclosure with a Dayton HO 10 in that small of airspace

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.