New build underway

negolien

CarAudio.com Elite
Well I was finally able to start the new Tantric Build this weekend. I should have her back by Saturday if all goes well with the designing. Going with two 12" Tantric MD's in a 3.2 cube sealed box designed by Cherry running off of a Sound Qubed Q1-2200D at 1 ohm.

I was also able to pick up a nice battery from Boomsday thanks again bud and a 320 Singer on Black Friday :

Is there a special reason to put the battery in a carpet enclosure?

Right now my batt is wedged safe and sound but if there's benefits i'm all ears

Nice build btw, customization looks sick. My friend with a 95 A4 is gonna trip

As far as I know the battery box is purely securing the battery and looks. The amps are going on a carpeted board behind the rear seats with the Distro, Ground and all the wiring on the backside of the board. Should be pretty clean looking. I sooo can't wait for this build to be over lol been about 6 months of research and ordering parts.

Ran into a snag with the 320 alt had to run a thru bolt and a nut. Looking at Monday evening for picking up the car. Phone took a crap on me so haven't gotten any pics. Sound Qubed Q1-2200D was so big it's got it's own side of the board lol. When you drop the back seats she's sitting horizontal on grey carpet with all the wires tucked thru holes to the back of the board looks nice. The Kenwood Excelon was delegated to the back of the board along with the power and ground distros and the wiring.

Well got everything installed and up and running. Had to cheat a little and run the wall a different way. Actually more of a box in a box to be honest. Box is wrapped in black velvet. All the wires and stuff are on a board Sound Qubed Q1-2200D is all alone other amp and distros and stuff on back of board. You can see the battery box on the left. Singer 320 FTW :

Man this thing fkin bangs hard bro. The dual 12" Tantric MD's are rated for 750rms each but Jim advised me to go with the 2200 and they can take every ounce of power that thing puts out. I don't go below 13.7v full tilt lights on and a/c blasting so pretty happy.

I didn't get a shot of the deadener but I used the Kolosus from Knukoncpetz on the trunk lid and the part of the trunk where the license plate sits. That whole area comes off and he deadened behind it. Used foam in some places also both deck lid and back of plate area. Don't get me wrong with 2200 watts banging that trunk she makes noise but it's not a rattle it's hard to explain lol. Sounds like I got a Tasmanian devil in there trying to escape //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

Guys did a great install imho. The company is Rolling Audio in Roseville, CA. I was pretty involved and made several trips while he had the car to make sure we were on the same page. Took a little over a week to finish basically due to roadbumps like the alt needing to be fit. I had to wait on Michael before messing with it to make sure it wouldn't void the warranty. He was super big //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif for Singer Alts. I ended up not using the battery terminals I had gotten and went with the Standard M6 screw and rings on the 2nd battery.

In case it needs to be tinkered with he made it so I can get at the subs by only pulling off the front face. The box is actually inside that beauty box.

Is it sealed or bandpass? Doesn't look like much room around the box for sound to get into the cabin. Also, is there anything under the amp's mounting feet to reduce vibration transfer?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.