Build for 1993 Pontiac Firebird limited space need help!

93_Az_TransAm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys its been a couple years since ive been on here i recently got a 93 Firebird and will be looking to get byild a system for it very soon as soon as i can save up some cash but just curious if anyone has ever had any experience with this car, i was thinking maybe 2 10's or maybe 1 really beefy 10" and a good amp.

I was looking around and seen sound cubed had a nice anp kit and also what looks like some good subs but its been so long since I've been in the car audio game im not in the loop anymore but are these good subs?

SoundQubed HDS310

HDC3.110 Copper Coil Subwoofer

Anyone have any suggestions?

I just bought a hdc312, and I've been out of the loop also. I'm happy with it so far but then again I have nothing to compare

it to. CSCStang on this board built a really nice box for it.

do 2 12's in the hatch, have a box made that uses the well for air volume.

a set of 6.5 comps in the b pillar

a set of 6.5 comps in the doors, tweets up high in panel

a set of 6.5 mid bass drivers in the kicks in build outs ...

I had a couple OLD build pics scanned, but they won't load for some reason.

do 2 12's in the hatch, have a box made that uses the well for air volume. a set of 6.5 comps in the b pillar

a set of 6.5 comps in the doors, tweets up high in panel

a set of 6.5 mid bass drivers in the kicks in build outs ...

I had a couple OLD build pics scanned, but they won't load for some reason.
Can i go ported or not enough room even for an aero port?

if done right, and you are willing to give up some of your hatch space, with the right subs, and custom designed/built box, yes.
Cool, id be willing to sacrifice all the hatch space lol the only thing it holds right now is a gas can, and my hard hat but those i can put in a box in the back seat. Do you have any experiance with those SoundQubed 12s? I was just thinking those because of price but i would really like some AA or even some DC subs but maybe even get 2 L7s because those would probably be the cheapest

I used to work with a guy who had a firebird. He had 4 subs in the back, not even mounted in a box. Dude had a big sheet of plywood with 4 holes cut in it, he mounted the subs to this and called it good.

Here are some old F body installs from way back, i had to take pics of a pic with my cell, so I could load them, sorry about the quality
Thanks Gixer gives me a good idea wish i could do the subs and amps like the second pic but the **** gas tank is right there, ill take a picture after i get done with dinner so you can see

I used to work with a guy who had a firebird. He had 4 subs in the back, not even mounted in a box. Dude had a big sheet of plywood with 4 holes cut in it, he mounted the subs to this and called it good.
Ive seen setups like that they use the enclosed space of the trunk as a make shift box ive heard it does work but has to be completely sealed idk if you can port it.

soundqbed's are good. i have there amp and a hdc3 15" d2 sub. and my plan as of now is 4- 15" hdc3. not sure yet if i want to do a wall or a big asss box.

but anyway there amps are good and subs.

i also have 8- of there super tweeters and 4-6.5 pro speakers and a sq200.2 amp.. i like them ...

Sorry for no picture my dang phone wont let me upload it idk why, but i took some measurements of the trunk and with some wiggle room so the box can go in and out i came up with 1 foot tall, 2 feet wide, and 1' foot 4 iches deep that would be the box if it was sitting sub facing out but the box would have to have the sub facing up and if i leave the little separator open all the time i could go about 2 feet deep but with my original mesurements i should have about a lil over 2.3 cu ft if my calculations are correct but its been awhile lol.

But with the sub facing up i dont think i can fit a 12 unless the top of the box is wider than the bottom.

So im thinking 2 10s and making the box 1foot tall, 2 feet deep and 2 feet wide which gives me about 4 cu ft to play with, unless anyone has any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.