Build for 1993 Pontiac Firebird limited space need help!

So i was looking around the tool room/laundry room and i found something i can use to get the system playing a little sooner while i save up to get one after i get the subs and amp in the future..... And i know most will bash this but i dont care its better than nothing and it will be replaced later on after everythings installed.

And sorry this build is taking forever i dont make alot of money. but its moving slowly but surely
You will be surprised what that Preamp EQ will do for you/cleaning up and tuning in ea song towards more clarity than HU-amplification.Serves an excellent purpose and I run one in all my vehicles.Id try it outside the dash first/maybe get a better unit later/or??Hell you may like it,and works for you.Id run it

Yea i ran this in my nova when i had 3 12" solo barics the old school circle ones and it made it sound cleaner and made it a lil louder ill probably mount it right under the steering column like i always have before and i really like the EQs for that lil button so i can shut the bass off without the vocals going off.

Ive had a i belive soundstream 7 band i think before as well but i always wondered because i dont plan on getting an amp for the insides untill i replace all the speakers but the inside sounds really good right now already but anyways if i get a better dash unit and its only for subs then i just need to find one that has better rca output the my deck correct?

Nice, your lucky you have so much room right behind the back seat the 93 trans have a huge bump right there im hoping i can make some sort of amp rack to fit in mine
I thought the trans am was similar to the camaro. My box sits in the well and the amps sit on a board above the gas tank. Is that the bump you were talking about?

They are but it looks like the trunk is a lil wider than mine mine was barely 12" at the top and only 10" or so on the bottom and from the top of the rear seat down to the top area where the tank is below i only had 7" maybe its the 2 year diff

So i finally ordered the first HDS310 hopefully will be gettong the second one next week but probably looking at 2 weeks per sub ill post pictures when it arrives

So while i was pulling the seat covers and towels on the floor mats put to be washed i figured itd be a good time to test fit the box to see if i could leave the rear seat folded down or if id have to take it off as originaly planned

I think imna keep as planned and remove the back pice so its a little lower and ill have to make a rack that will even it out as seen in the next picture (i know its a **** drawing but its just so ppl can get an idea) red will be the wood the 2 black dots is where it will be bolted into place once the seat bottoms are taken out and the Orange line is what it will be needed to be flush with

A little update I ordered the "second" HDS310 i should get this one since i paid for signature required lol and just waiting on soundqubed ill hear what the verdict is and if i just lost $149 bucks on Monday but anyways....

Imna be doing big 3 sooner than getting everything since when i took out the thermostat there was alot of electrolysis happening in the water pump so imna add the extra ground and beef up the existing now my questiong is should i upgrade the existing power to distro block thats on the car?

So i came home and seen this in the kitchen!

So happy to finally have one next order will be for 2 unless i find one thats brand new for cheaper

Well after getting home from work and have learned of one more reason i have the best family in the world, so my mom talked to my uncles about how my first sub got stolen and they felt bad since they know how hard i work for what i want and the each put in some and my mom ordered a HDS310 D2!!!

Im shocked that not only they did this for me as an "Early Birthday Present" but that my mom actually ordered it lol not thats shes completely illiterate when it comes to technology but still to get it right down to the coil lol but then again i have told her everything in my plans so i guess shes got a good memory also there the police report so i guess its not too hard to belive why she got it right lol

And i just ordered the 3rd one today so next ill get the Alt and then the Amp and ill have these babys playing! Hoping to have it done in 2 months... If im lucky lol

I was reading the coild and they all read 2.2 except for one reads 2.3 so i guess there good lol first time ive tried to read the coils but i presume that 2.2 is better than 3.2 lol

I cant wait to get the 3rd one next week

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.