Build around Alpine X 12"

you seem a little confused. Your sub is rated to handle 900 watts RMS total. You only have 1 alpine x 12 right? You're going to want to wire it parallel so it'll be at a 2 ohm load. You should get on you tube and check out amp dynos. Search Big d wiz and budget gem or budget bust and watch their videos. Most of their videos speak on the efficiency of the amplifier they are testing. If you already have a rf prime 1200 I'd just use that. It's fairly efficient. Definitely could do a lot worse then what you already have as far as efficiency. You got a birth sheet with that prime right. Whats it do at 2ohms? Probably over 800 watts i would imagine.

you seem a little confused. Your sub is rated to handle 900 watts RMS total. You only have 1 alpine x 12 right? You're going to want to wire it parallel so it'll be at a 2 ohm load. You should get on you tube and check out amp dynos. Search Big d wiz and budget gem or budget bust and watch their videos. Most of their videos speak on the efficiency of the amplifier they are testing. If you already have a rf prime 1200 I'd just use that. It's fairly efficient. Definitely could do a lot worse then what you already have as far as efficiency. You got a birth sheet with that prime right. Whats it do at 2ohms? Probably over 800 watts i would imagine.
The new x series are 900 watts rms. But the type x which they replaced are 1000 watt rms.
Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

I just purchased an alpine type x 12" as well and have been running it in a sealed box through a pioneer 9601 which I believe is rated at 600 watt rms at 2 ohms so a bit under powered but it still pumps hard. Really wanna get a 1000 watt rms amp

though to see how much more I can get out of it.

I just purchased an alpine type x 12" as well and have been running it in a sealed box through a pioneer 9601 which I believe is rated at 600 watt rms at 2 ohms so a bit under powered but it still pumps hard. Really wanna get a 1000 watt rms amp though to see how much more I can get out of it.

Unless space is an issue, I'd port it instead of adding power. Just adding power is one way but adding a low tuned ported enclosure should let those lower notes be emphasized and get rid of the punchiness only. It'll still pump hard but go low well then. I'm sure it could get by on more power, if it was me I'd do both... add power and port it.

Whats your objective/music tastes?

Unless space is an issue, I'd port it instead of adding power. Just adding power is one way but adding a low tuned ported enclosure should let those lower notes be emphasized and get rid of the punchiness only. It'll still pump hard but go low well then. I'm sure it could get by on more power, if it was me I'd do both... add power and port it.
Whats your objective/music tastes?
Mostly hip hop and rap. Have been thinking about doing a ported box and will most likely get around to building one soon. I still want an amp capable of running it at full power though. At the moment I'm leaning towards the alpine pdx m12 which will do 1200 watt rms. Or getting a skar or sundown 2000 watt rms amp off of ebay for an extra couple hundred dollars which will give me headroom to add more subs in the future if I feel the need.

I was running my Type X at about 1.2k rms off of an old school MTX 1501d in a 2cf slot port box @ 30hz (see my sig). It was nasty

When I get my shit together and reinstall it, it will be nasty again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.