Budget 10" under $80?

are you saying that we should not try these out? it looks similar to the new dd entry level subs. i pretty much agree with what you said, and the first time i saw the ad, i was like really? i must say that i am contemplating a set of the hds310's for my next set-up.
I do like the listed parameters for those, looks like an acceptable driver for the price

out of all of those pioneer is the best...

i agree with alot of those others about the soundqubed sub... I run soundqubed sub in my car and I love it!!! there are some good subs on there especially the new ones are really cheap!!! (preorder) i currently run a hdc4 12, and have had the hdc3's beyond that i have no clue if you'd be willing to buy used there was somebody selling some xfl 10's for 90 each... and those are awesome subs!!!

so, the hds 3 series is a better built sub? and are worth their price then?
I'd go the extra for the 3 series myself, the parameters for the 10 are decent. As long as the fs is reasonably low, Qts isnt over .49 and the sens and xmax are decent, the driver should be a good all purpose driver. When the Q gets above .5 or the bl:mms ratio gets above 1:15 the drivers get muddy and arent very natural sounding and typically have less "impact" when tuned low enough to really enjoy.

I'd go the extra for the 3 series myself, the parameters for the 10 are decent. As long as the fs is reasonably low, Qts isnt over .49 and the sens and xmax are decent, the driver should be a good all purpose driver. When the Q gets above .5 or the bl:mms ratio gets above 1:15 the drivers get muddy and arent very natural sounding and typically have less "impact" when tuned low enough to really enjoy.
i spoke, via email, with one of their techs. he stated that they would do well in a 3ft enclosure, he recommended 35hrtz, but when asked if they could tune lower, he said 30-32hrtz on the ten's.

out of all of those pioneer is the best... i agree with alot of those others about the soundqubed sub... I run soundqubed sub in my car and I love it!!! there are some good subs on there especially the new ones are really cheap!!! (preorder) i currently run a hdc4 12, and have had the hdc3's beyond that i have no clue if you'd be willing to buy used there was somebody selling some xfl 10's for 90 each... and those are awesome subs!!!
The HDC4 is a different animal and shouldnt be used as reference to the quality of the these new lines.

The pioneer is probably the most durable of the listed drivers, but not the best sounding or the widest frequency range or flattest response. I'm typically a fan of pioneer, I have ran many pioneer systems in the past, and my current head unit and comp's are pio's, but theri subs leave alot to be desired, but I do rank the pio 2nd choice folowed by the polk then rf.

I still stand by the bravos I listed earlier as the best driver in the price range period. Great sq and high sensitivity and perfect q and no le, should play any freq needed and roll off so smoothely it blends seamlessly with the front stage. Should be airy and transparent while managing excellent transience and flat response. Could be easily tuned for the sql side of things as well.

i spoke, via email, with one of their techs. he stated that they would do well in a 3ft enclosure, he recommended 35hrtz, but when asked if they could tune lower, he said 30-32hrtz on the ten's.
Listed specs:

f(s) 37.68 Hz

R(e) 7.06 Ohms

Z(max) 76.00 Ohms

Q(ms) 5.231

Q(es) 0.536

Q(ts) 0.486

V(as) 9.340 liters

(0.330 cubic feet)

L(e) 8.74 mH

n(0) 0.09 %

SPL 81.59 1W/1m

M(ms) 282.10 grams

C(ms) 0.06 mm/N

BL 29.67

From the listed specs, I would personally enclose them in .9-1.2 cubes per @ 30-34Hz, his recommendations are definitely more spl based than freq response based, 1.5@35 would be very peaky and not get very low. 31Hz is about the last frequencies the box would make ample pressure at.

We used to use the old sdc2.5 (145.2@34 on 35amps) in out mod 1 car and I ran an hdc315A D2 153.2 @ 44 on 60 amps in my mod 3 car Would do 144.4@24 too (all pressures are headrest term lab numbers) so I do have personal experience with this company as well as building for others that I have built for.

If I personally went hds310, I would run 2.2 net @ 30Hz smaller box would help hold a tad more power than the 1.5 per, and would have a flatter respponse and good usable output down to 26-27Hz which is needed for todays dubstep and darkstep type media. Alot of rap reaches sub 30Hz nowadays too, and why not really take advantge of frequencies well within audible range of the average human ear.

Listed specs:
f(s) 37.68 Hz

R(e) 7.06 Ohms

Z(max) 76.00 Ohms

Q(ms) 5.231

Q(es) 0.536

Q(ts) 0.486

V(as) 9.340 liters

(0.330 cubic feet)

L(e) 8.74 mH

n(0) 0.09 %

SPL 81.59 1W/1m

M(ms) 282.10 grams

C(ms) 0.06 mm/N

BL 29.67

From the listed specs, I would personally enclose them in .9-1.2 cubes per @ 30-34Hz, his recommendations are definitely more spl based than freq response based, 1.5@35 would be very peaky and not get very low. 31Hz is about the last frequencies the box would make ample pressure at.

We used to use the old sdc2.5 (145.2@34 on 35amps) in out mod 1 car and I ran an hdc315A D2 153.2 @ 44 on 60 amps in my mod 3 car Would do 144.4@24 too (all pressures are headrest term lab numbers) so I do have personal experience with this company as well as building for others that I have built for.
i really appreciate your input, a_p. it has helped me make my decision. looks like it will be the two hds 10's, in 2.2cuft at 30hrtz. now i understand; Walking TSP Encyclopedia...lol.

i really appreciate your input, a_p. it has helped me make my decision. looks like it will be the two hds 10's, in 2.2cuft at 30hrtz. now i understand; Walking TSP Encyclopedia...lol.

Glad i was helpful, ever need some tsp's decoded or a box recommendation or design or build hit me up. I'm in the process of getting my wood shop back together and going. My boxes are cheap, solid and as efficient as your wallet is willing to stretch. Think my contact is still on the Rams design recommended builder page if it exists, took a spell off to deepen my power sports mechanics skills and raise my daughter less distractedly lol. Also was in 2 motorcycle crashes in 3 months so that slowed me down a tad for a spell lol.

276-780-1828 is my number encase its got my old one on Ram's site.

Very g

I've got a sundown e12 that should work well if you decide to go with a single 12

RE: 3.8ohm

Fs: 35.8 hz

Qes: 0.56

Qms: 6.79

Qts: 0.52

Le: 1.85mH

Vas: 47.6L

BL: 15.4NA

Cms: 0.13MM/N

Mms: 156.6grams

Sens: n/a 1w/1m

Xmax: 12mm one-way linear

RMS: 400 watts

Gonna need a monster enclosure for good response if those specs are right.

Thanks for all the replies.
How would this MB Quart amp pair with the Pioneer TS-W260S4?

MB Quart OA500.1 500W Max 1-Channel Monoblock Onyx Series Amp

With ->

Pioneer TS-W260S4 (tsw260s4) 10" Single 4-Ohm Champion Series Car Subwoofer

Or is it really worth the extra $60 for MB Quart OA750.1 750W Max 1-Channel Monoblock Onyx Series Amp
If ll I've posted so far hasnt helped any more than that... I'm not thinking you're reading my posts lol

Free-Air Resonance (Fs) 45 Hz

Equivalent Compliance (Vas) 13.2 liters

Total Speaker Q Value (Qts) 0.83

Electrical Q Value (Qes) 0.90

Electrical Resistance of Voice Coil (Re) 3.2 ohms

Mechanical Q Value (Qms) 10.98

I was thinking of a different driver when I recommended the pio second... that thing is utter garbage lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.