Spl

85.42 db 1w/1m

BL

14 TM

X-max

11 mm

Power

300 RMS

So idea box is 81L @ 30Hz (abouth the same as the bravoz only not as sq capable.thanks to a high Q and Higher Fs) It would undoubtedly hold more power, it may get a hair louder, but it leaves alot to be desired in sq and seamless blend. It has less displacement as well.

It is typical of a forum that so many non main stream woofers be recommended, but just because a driver is built by a company sponsored on here doesnt make it a superior driver in its class. I'm not trying to say the bravox is the best driver there is, I'm just saying, for the price, the performance if boxed well, would be hard to beat based on frequency response, distortion, and transience and transparency.

It ought to compliment the front stage that the op listed and do well for what it sounds like he is wanting. maybe I missed it, but I didnt see any post saying he was looking for peaky or boomy sound signiture as found with woofers with specs like the typical entry level drivers produced from companies such as IA and SQ etc. I have used/installed plenty of both, and have had plenty of face time with Nick Wright. I'm not dissing those companies, they do fine for what they are, but they arent the system completing sound reinforcement it seems op wants.
where did you get those specs? few things are different from what i've seen... 90db sens... feq resp. is 20-150 things of that nature...

where did you get those specs? few things are different from what i've seen... 90db sens... feq resp. is 20-150 things of that nature...
The ssa site lists the tsp's, to get true sensitivity theres a formula that uses Fs, Qes and Vas. Listed sens was inflated (possibly added a few dB for some gain they count on the user to have or count on the buyer to not the descrepency, as for 20Hz with the i-series... not gonna happen, and as for up to 150, who's to say, no listed Le... Nicks listed specs typically follow the industry standard of +/- 10% accuracy, which is good enough for the average user. So keep in mind with the I series, the listed specs may be off by 10%

the bravox drivers I have tested have always been very close and the only ones that have tested different to their listed specs could have been the difference in pre/post break-in.

I would recommend the Li series over the bravox, but other than the flatlyne, the whole IA line-up has a very similar sound signiture. The inflated response in the mid to upper 30's into the 40's.

I would recommend the Li series over the bravox, but other than the flatlyne, the whole IA line-up has a very similar sound signiture. The inflated response in the mid to upper 30's into the 40's.
Wanted to point out (encase of misread series) I said Li (lethal Injection) not the i series lol

From what I've discovered using sealed box calculators online, the Bravox requires a sealed box volume of 1.7 ft^3 with a Qtc of 0.707.

Would I really be out of line using a pre-made enclosure, such as this?: 1.85 cubic feet Ground Shaker SQXL 1 12-BLACK (sqxl112-black) 12” Single Sealed

Keeping in mind this is a budget install for someone not familiar with ICE at all. But I do feel like asking about a pre-made box is like asking about a Dell on a overclock forum, so please go easy on me.

From what I've discovered using sealed box calculators online, the Bravox requires a sealed box volume of 1.7 ft^3 with a Qtc of 0.707.
Would I really be out of line using a pre-made enclosure, such as this?: 1.85 cubic feet Ground Shaker SQXL 1 12-BLACK (sqxl112-black) 12” Single Sealed

Keeping in mind this is a budget install for someone not familiar with ICE at all. But I do feel like asking about a pre-made box is like asking about a Dell on a overclock forum, so please go easy on me.
you should almost be right on the mark because your subwoofer itself takes up some airspace too.

Yeah that analogy is pretty close, including in performance if that gives you any indication.

you should almost be right on the mark because your subwoofer itself takes up some airspace too.
Gete my thumbs up for sure, as driver breaks in (fs drop, q drop, the qtc will improve for roll off as well as the needed airspace will drop a lil too. That box fits the bill nicely and prefab or not, thats a good find and should work well.

Finished my install. I'm more than happy with my upgrade. Polk DB6501's and the 12" Bravox sound amazing. Thanks for everyone's help!
Now you should invest some time in deadening the doors... the db6501's aren't bad at all and sound excellent in a well sealed up/deadened door. I run them in my girlfriends car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.