Box Design

Participant count
  • Participant list
the pro-box you had was tuned higher, somewhere around 45hz, which incidentally happens to be where most "bass boost" features are tuned, combined with cabin gains, make them very loud and boomy...as you obviously figured out. The 30-31hz tune will flatten the response down to the lower octaves and decrease the booming effect, while allowing for much lower frequency extension.

ok here we go, (I hope) lol

fourinchport.jpg

is the port length ok it seems to span a pretty good distance on the bottom will that make a difference?(other than bracing of course)

ok here we go, (I hope) lol
fourinchport.jpg

is the port length ok it seems to span a pretty good distance on the bottom will that make a difference?(other than bracing of course)
It looks real good, I would double layer the top sub baffle piece (the 29.25"x22" piece). making it 1.5" thick will strengthen the section of wood between the two subs and still not effect the sound.

Ok Kewl

I will build the box when i get home from vacation

Thanks a Million guys ill do a post about how it sounds when I get it done prob the end of the month

subboxfinal.jpg

Ok Kewl I will build the box when i get home from vacation

Thanks a Million guys ill do a post about how it sounds when I get it done prob the end of the month

subboxfinal.jpg
I am going to be honest with you, I designed my own boxes and some for a couple of close friends. There are folks here who do it daily for a living.I am sure though that if there were a major issue, someone would have pointed it out by now, lol....ok, 2 things. the 45 deg.corner brace inside the port is good, I would suggest mitering the 15.25" x 23.75" corner to a matching 45 deg to maintain a consistent 4" port.

If you choke an area inside the port, this will affect the tuning frequency and can have ill effects.

The dowel inside the port i believe is unnecessary and could there again affect port performance.

2 things. the 45 deg.corner brace inside the port is good, I would suggest mitering the 15.25" x 23.75" corner to a matching 45 deg to maintain a consistent 4" port. If you choke an area inside the port, this will affect the tuning frequency and can have ill effects.

The dowel inside the port i believe is unnecessary and could there again affect port performance.
Ok will do,

I will pop in and see if anyone points out any major flaws but for now its a go when I get home for the build.

Thanks again

Update-----

returned from vacation and built this monster..

didnt add the bracing 45's (tried to but the braces kept splitting)

Box is way lower than the {}one note wonder{} "probox"

I can actually hear all the bass notes and it rattles peoples mirrors that are beside me driving down the road (i get the strangest looks)

-but- Its HUGE... i guess ill have to live with that- at least no one will be able to steal it lol

Thanks all who spent time helping me, it was worth it. at least to me :p that probox was so high pitched I cant believe the difference this box made.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.