Box Design

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mongo12
10+ year member

South
alpinebox1.jpg
I am thinking of building this box for my Alpine type R 12s they are dual 4 ohm VCs wired @ 1 Ohm to a RF 1000.1BD amp.

can anyone tell me the cubes and let me know what the approx tuning would be? I **** at WinISD

and bassbox pro was no help either. thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
and the missing dimension is 22 inches sorry I didnt have the right paper in front of me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

and heres a redo showing the speaker placement if that was throwing anyone off

alpineboxredone.jpg

and the missing dimension is 22 inches sorry I didnt have the right paper in front of me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gifand heres a redo showing the speaker placement if that was throwing anyone off

alpineboxredone.jpg
I figured the box at 16" high, outside..at 1.6 cubes net per chamber at 42hz ...If you combine the airspace and use 1 port on one end 3" wide and the same internal length as you show, you will have 3.76 cubes net @ 33hz with about 43.5 sq in of port. What are you putting this in?

The box is going in a Nissan Xterra. I already have a probox turbo bass . (tuned way too high). If I combine the chambers will I have to change the wiring or anything.. I worry about them competing if they are both in the same chamber, I have always separated the woofers

also I can go as "high" as 22 inches if needed

34 wide 24 tall 22 deep id prefer to have them fire up.. as I have experienced a huge amount of tailgate distortion and flexing with them firing backwards

The box is going in a Nissan Xterra. I already have a probox turbo bass . (tuned way too high). If I combine the chambers will I have to change the wiring or anything.. I worry about them competing if they are both in the same chamber, I have always separated the woofers
also I can go as "high" as 22 inches if needed
What amp are you using?

That is a mono amp..Combining the airspace will not hurt a thing. I understand you though. I felt the same way back when I ran 2 channel stereo amps on subs. The 1001bd is a good amp too btw. what tune are you looking for in the box?

nothing super deep but a more full range than I get with the probox it seems high pitched - even on the low notes it just seems screechy. I listn to rock and some RnB but mostly looking for SQ and tight full kick. i considered going sealed, but never really liked sealed boxes.

some bass samples id like to hear better would be

Flim and the BB's -- song- Lunchhour wedding march - Great system testing jam. If you havent already listened to it give it a try (low volume the first time)

but mostly rock and some jazz

one of my favs from "back in the day" My first car audio experience was listening to Tricycle at the Alpine dealership in the owners Bronco back in '91 was life changing.

lol so you get the punchy bass like from that album and the sq. it doesnt have to be super deep but have some good range.

what are you using on the higher frequency drivers?..the pro-box was probably very peaky, they tune them high like that. I prefer to use my subs below 60hz...50hz , if I can get a smooth transition to my midbasses.

I havent got any "real" midrange, still have the factory speakers -- ***** i know---

I think I can get by tho for now..

I think ill take your and bucks advice and try that common chamber design and make the port 3" instead of 2 . should I keep it (the port) 22 inches as drawn?

combinedchamber.jpg

also my geometry doesnt add up.. i drew the top board wrong it is supposed to rest on top of the side to equal 31.5 (27.75+3+.75).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.