Box design help

Participant count
  • Participant list
What vehicle.
Sundown recommends 1 cube net per sub with 15 sq inches of port per cube.
If those are outside dimensions you'd be better off with one of those subs.

What vehicle.
Sundown recommends 1 cube net per sub with 15 sq inches of port per cube.
If those are outside dimensions you'd be better off with one of those subs.
Correct, it’s supposed to be 14x28x14. It’s for a friend and he gave me wrong dimensions. The box will be in a 2004 tundra sitting on the 14x14 side with subs and port forward.

Any reason for the aeroport over slot?
You’ll get more usable air space because the port will have less displacement. Flared aeroports would work best, but you could try just using 2 4 inch pvc pipes from Home Depot. You may get a little port noise without a flare, you may not. I’ve normally had decent results even without flares, especially if the port is sitting far away firing to the passenger side.

Rough math so don't quote me but for 2 net cubes with a slot port, tuned to 35 Hz, with 30 sq inches of port, you'd need 28x14x16.5 and your port would be like 26 or 26.5 inches long.

14x14x28 with a double baffle is 2.25 cubes inside. Double 4 inch round ports 21 inches long will displace .2. The subs will displace around .25. And bracing another .15. You’ll end up at around 1.7-1.75 at 33-35 HZ actual usable air space.

Last edited:
Just a word of caution: be careful trying to force something to fit somewhere, if it's not naturally aligning with the layout and space. Pickup trucks are hard to do correctly, often, especially with relatively smaller systems. I absolutely wouldn't jump the gun just to get some bass in there; I would really make sure you do it right, so you can properly enjoy some loud bass. The E's are great woofers, for their power level. I've personally installed several full E sub systems.

Is there anyway to take half of the rear seat out? I'm not sure how the box is oriented, but it seems like maybe you would have more space than 14 x 14 x 28. I've done extended and quad cab trucks with subs in the back on one side, and usually there's like 20 x 20 for the width and depth, or something close. Just some thoughts I had, let us know exactly, and maybe we can help more.

And if you get a box here, it needs to control the subs well. Your SFB isn't going to control those woofers like a Salt amp would, for example, and your box plays a huge role in helping the amp control the sub cones across a musical bandwidth. You really want to make sure you take all of these things into account before you decide on your box. A box can make or break a system, probably more significantly so than any other piece of the sub stage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...