Box design help 4 DD 9510g’s

I never liked how they sound in small boxes I've heard of 9510 and 1.75 and that b**** slammed on lows in 1.5 and it was way to over damped but I'd be silly to argue with you.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I’m not running any big systems atm... but I did order a new dbm2 meter tonight so I may put something back together soon ...to play with the meter

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']That's roughly just under 9.5 gross cu ft. What do those require for airspace ported? @shredder2[/QUOTE]

Even aeroported 6ft3 net will be a stretch... best I could come up with is 1.45ft3 per... 1 10" aero tuned to 34hz... and thats single baffled subs up/port back... Idk if they'll do ok in that airspace but you can draw it up if you want. I only accounted for subs, dowel bracing and port displacement... and really did it quick.
So its not exact but in the neighborhood
If the width can be increased to say... 36" or height a bit it'll be easier and able to be braced better with 45's as well as a double baffle.
Then it'll be feasible to get 1.5ft3 per tune to 33hz and brace it properly, add 45's and a double baffle too.
16x32x32 just seems too small to really do it right

Last edited by a moderator:
Even aeroported 6ft3 net will be a stretch... best I could come up with is 1.45ft3 per... 1 10" aero tuned to 34hz... and thats single baffled subs up/port back... Idk if they'll do ok in that airspace but you can draw it up if you want. I only accounted for subs, dowel bracing and port displacement... and really did it quick.So its not exact but in the neighborhood

If the width can be increased to say... 36" or height a bit it'll be easier and able to be braced better with 45's as well as a double baffle.

Then it'll be feasible to get 1.5ft3 per tune to 33hz and brace it properly, add 45's and a double baffle too.

16x32x32 just seems too small to really do it right
I will re measure and see what dimensions I can come up with. The hatch area is shaped like an upside down T it’s skinny between the strut towers and opens up to the back of the hatch.

I will re measure and see what dimensions I can come up with. The hatch area is shaped like an upside down T it’s skinny between the strut towers and opens up to the back of the hatch.
Does this look like it'll fit? This is around 6.1ft3 net around 33.5hz, shorten the port to 20" long and its around 6.2ft3 net at 35hz, It's double baffled, braced and 45'd.

Just make sure there is sufficient clearance for the port to breathe.

V8vnGD.jpg

18" long is 36hz at 6.3ft3... as far as tuning goes it's easy and the explicit ultimate box app is really close to Winisd... that's 1.25 driver/bracing displacements btw (4 ea 4" 45's and 2 ea 1.5" dowels top to bottom)

Does this look like it'll fit? This is around 6.1ft3 net around 33.5hz, shorten the port to 20" long and its around 6.2ft3 net at 35hz, It's double baffled, braced and 45'd.
Just make sure there is sufficient clearance for the port to breathe.

V8vnGD.jpg

18" long is 36hz at 6.3ft3... as far as tuning goes it's easy and the explicit ultimate box app is really close to Winisd... that's 1.25 driver/bracing displacements btw (4 ea 4" 45's and 2 ea 1.5" dowels top to bottom)
This could work if I can have the port on one of the 32” sides. I will get more measurements later today. DD has 1.25 cuft. for small box and 1.5 for large box on their website.

You list your H x W x D.. and how you think the port should be oriented (maybe draw a pic?) and I'll see what I can come up with. Make sure the port has clearance for sure, about 5" minimum or it might change tuning... IDK what you got in mind so a drawing would probably be good.

If you got 36" width to play with then this might leave enough clearance to the tailgate if you have 32" available in depth. It's 5.84ft3 at 36hz subs up/port rear. I figured to raise the height 2" to 18' and find enough space in back for the port. Idk if this tune is what you want but I am practicing sketchup so here it is.

SvKcrC.jpg

J8GfAo.jpg

Tyx1hu.jpg

That's 1.46ft3 per, common chamber

If you got 36" width to play with then this might leave enough clearance to the tailgate if you have 32" available in depth. It's 5.84ft3 at 36hz subs up/port rear. I figured to raise the height 2" to 18' and find enough space in back for the port. Idk if this tune is what you want but I am practicing sketchup so here it is.
SvKcrC.jpg

J8GfAo.jpg

Tyx1hu.jpg
I really need to learn how to use SketchUp I'm so used to use an old can't think of the name a f****** program but where you can set you XYZ parameters writing lines of code. Schedule for some reason just irritates the s*** out of me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.