Box design help 4 DD 9510g’s

I'm confused as to your actual space... when you say you have " 36Wx35Dx17H with the port on a 32” side " this just leaves it kinda vague to me... are you tryin to leave port clearance?.. better off just listing the available space and the way you want to orient the box

32" wide /w/ the port on that side, 35" deep x 17" tall double baffled... 6.5 ft3 net ad, 9.875 ID round 20" long ported at 34.09hz according to Winisd.

xXaKLG.jpg

bPHouX.jpg

3Ofat1.jpg

o0w5zA.jpg

1UepMF.jpg

I'm getting the hang of Sketchup I think.

32" wide /w/ the port on that side, 35" deep x 17" tall double baffled... 6.5 ft3 net ad, 9.875 ID round 20" long ported at 34.09hz according to Winisd.
xXaKLG.jpg

bPHouX.jpg

3Ofat1.jpg

o0w5zA.jpg

1UepMF.jpg

I'm getting the hang of Sketchup I think.
Bingo! That’s it! I apologize if I wasn’t clear.

I will definitely post some pics and vids. I’ll wait until it’s time to figure out how to post them. LOL
I use imgur... then insert a "direct link" into the "insert image" button above the text field when replying, a window will appear once you hit that button and you paste the link there.

[quote name='shredder2']@Ispector If you're gonna use an aero vs a round... be sure to factor in the flares to get the length if you want it to be close to the 34hz tune... it'll probably raise it fractionally due to s slight displacement change. That's OK, it's just under 34hz as is and with an aero it'll probably change to 34 1/2 hz or so...:cool:

srpk5lU.jpg

https://audibleengineering.com/products/10-adjustable-aeroport-kit-11-18-l

Good luck![/QUOTE]

I’m going to make the aero port. I’ve made a couple before and I want to show my son how it’s done so he can make them in the future. I’m excited to build this and get it playing! Thanks again for the design. Is it your first design with this program? My son said we should have his buddy make a sticker that says Shredder2 Enclosure Designs to rep your boxes. He’s a good young man and appreciates all the help too.

Shredder2 Enclosure Designs huh?.. it's my 5th attempt as I did a few popular ones such as 2 xfl-12's or 2 SA-12's suv style. If anyone would like to have something modeled/designed/drawn up all they gotta do is ask and ill see if I can come up with something presentable.

Im trying kerfed drawings atm... it's just a little harder

I wanted to show my son how to make aero ports but I really want this build to look nice so I ordered some audible engineering ports. 10” for the 4 DD 9510’s and an 8” for a box for 3 DD 9510’s. We want to see which setup sounds better and looks better. We got the b stock adjustable ports deal. They need a little sanding and with some paint I think they will look clean.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.