Building enclosure for full range speaker

Participant count
  • Participant list

poolman966554

Senior VIP Member
PA
Making a smallish/medium sized bluetooth speaker, and have a Dayton nd90-4.

Modeled up in Winisd, though im not sure if its designed just for subs? My main question is, Does the lower tuning freq manipulate the higher hz output?

Secondly, im not sure about the peak of the tuning in this situation.. Heres my compromise between tuning freq and playing flat..

https://imgur.com/fbvfjXo

is 1 db over at tuning, and -1 db between 65 to 80hz be extremely noticeable?

Usually listening to dre, eazy, etc.. but trying to keep up with my buddies Monster GLO. I have $20 in the speaker, built the amp myself to put out aprox 30w @4 ohm before box rise. Now, its up to the box to meet my expectations.

Thanks for looking and very open to suggestions

Making a smallish/medium sized bluetooth speaker, and have a Dayton nd90-4.
Modeled up in Winisd, though im not sure if its designed just for subs? My main question is, Does the lower tuning freq manipulate the higher hz output?

Secondly, im not sure about the peak of the tuning in this situation.. Heres my compromise between tuning freq and playing flat..

https://imgur.com/fbvfjXo

is 1 db over at tuning, and -1 db between 65 to 80hz be extremely noticeable?

Usually listening to dre, eazy, etc.. but trying to keep up with my buddies Monster GLO. I have $20 in the speaker, built the amp myself to put out aprox 30w @4 ohm before box rise. Now, its up to the box to meet my expectations.

Thanks for looking and very open to suggestions
Down fire the speaker about 3” from surface and I’d add another driver maybe I small full range to pick up the higher freq ...throw in a basic 6db xo on the set a coil on the Dayton and np cap on the full and it should sound pretty good ..don’t forget a little polyfill inside the enclosure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.