Box design help 4 DD 9510g’s

I’m looking for box design help for my sons first build. We have 4 of my old DD 9510g’s we reconed with DD dual 4ohm recones. He just bought a pair of Orion xtr 2500.1’s, so 1ohm per amp. For the $ I’m curious how these amps perform. We decided on the 2500’s after watching BigD’s video.The max outside box dimensions are 32x32x16. This is going in my sons Accord Crosstour. Right now we are installing deadener and running all the wiring. I think Oldbass40’s box design would work good. I’m just looking for other ideas or suggestions. We are going to send my old xp270 back to DC to get recased and I have a couple xs3100’s for him and might have found a couple more. Anyways, any ideas or info would be much appreciated.
You're a cool old man to help your son like this, I wish I had that when I started in this hobby.

I really need to learn how to use SketchUp I'm so used to use an old can't think of the name a f****** program but where you can set you XYZ parameters writing lines of code. Schedule for some reason just irritates the s*** out of me
I was hand drawing designs until 2 days ago... it was time for a change... lol

I was hand drawing designs until 2 days ago... it was time for a change... lol
I just need to learn the functionality of it I'd rather ride along the cold and give my set points and then go from there that drag and drop I hate it on SketchUp I can make paint do some serious s***

If you got 36" width to play with then this might leave enough clearance to the tailgate if you have 32" available in depth. It's 5.84ft3 at 36hz subs up/port rear. I figured to raise the height 2" to 18' and find enough space in back for the port. Idk if this tune is what you want but I am practicing sketchup so here it is.
SvKcrC.jpg

J8GfAo.jpg

Tyx1hu.jpg
I measured again and max outside dimensions are 32Wx36Dx17H. If the port can go on the 32” side I can face it to the front and have 4”-5” with the seats up. It’s really cool of you to sketch these up! I appreciate the help. I can build anything but coming up with the design isn’t my strength. I just want this to BANG since it’s my sons first build.

You're a cool old man to help your son like this, I wish I had that when I started in this hobby.
Thanks! He helped with builds a little before. I have most of the equipment from old systems. Just bought new amps, and looking for some more batts. I just want his first build to really BANG!

Im out the house for 2 days... if you want ill draw up something Thursday night... can you possibly go 1 inch taller?.. airspace is gonna be super-important.

I measured again and max outside dimensions are 32Wx36Dx17H. If the port can go on the 32” side I can face it to the front and have 4”-5” with the seats up. It’s really cool of you to sketch these up! I appreciate the help. I can build anything but coming up with the design isn’t my strength. I just want this to BANG since it’s my sons first build.
Keep the design sketchmister got but go 17 high tuned to 35 with a 10" port. Skip the extra baffel get 2x4s and wood glue.

put 4 of them one between each pair of woofes per side cented between them. then put one in the very middle of the box about an inch away from the port on each side.

Bracing and bracing correctly and being mindful of aerodynamics and fluid mechanics is by far superior then trying to double baffle I would only suggest double baffle on a vertical mount where you have really heavy wolfers and really hi power and then I also suggest you use in quarter inch at the minimum T nuts and quarter inch bolts which Loctite and lock washers it's a hell of a lot more effective than screws

I quickly looked at it and I'd like to try a double baffled 6.28ft3 tuned to 34.78hz... the box will be 17.75"h x 32"w x 32d... with a 10" round or aero, I'll probably draw it up Thursday... can 17.75"h work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't ran a big system since 07 Maybe it's on now I'm tired of these love s*** talkers
I still have plenty of goodies in the bag ..big woofers big amps ..I just need to squeeze in the time ...I bought me a clean 50,000 mile square body S10 a couple of years ago ..that I’m still trying to decide on substage ..but most likely 4 DD 8s on about 1000 a pair ..I already have Kicker resolution 8s in the doors for mid bass and some high end old school big tweeters in the dash stock location

I still have plenty of goodies in the bag ..big woofers big amps ..I just need to squeeze in the time ...I bought me a clean 50,000 mile square body S10 a couple of years ago ..that I’m still trying to decide on substage ..but most likely 4 DD 8s on about 1000 a pair ..I already have Kicker resolution 8s in the doors for mid bass and some high end old school big tweeters in the dash stock location
Do 4 ddz 8s!

Louisiana_CRX

I’ve seen over the years you know your DD subs. What do you think about Shredder2’s 6.2ft3 @ 35hz box design? I can fit 36Wx35Dx17H with the port on a 32” side. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or info I would appreciate it.

Louisiana_CRX
I’ve seen over the years you know your DD subs. What do you think about Shredder2’s 6.2ft3 @ 35hz box design? I can fit 36Wx35Dx17H with the port on a 32” side. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or info I would appreciate it.
I’ve always ran slot ports so I don’t have much experience with round ports. but in a 6cu ft plus port box I’d do 90 sq inch port 22” long 2 subs on top and two on side to avoid cancellation and have the port load at 8” off the back ..side subs will need at least 4” to load as well

I’ve always ran slot ports so I don’t have much experience with round ports. but in a 6cu ft plus port box I’d do 90 sq inch port 22” long 2 subs on top and two on side to avoid cancellation and have the port load at 8” off the back ..side subs will need at least 4” to load as well
Two on to two on the side?

Do 4 ddz 8s!
It’s a simple setup ..I’ve done 154s daily in my CRX on 4 DD 1008s ...I’m not looking at the s10 to be that loud but I’m hoping it will at least do upper 140s it will also be about half the power ..I already have a polished 140a alternator on it ..interior is being stripped for deadening ..I’m just running one aux battery a Kinetik 1400 in the rear fold out seat location

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.