Blew my Sub after 1 day. Need advice.

then why I can put my hu's volume knob at 80/80 with no distortion?
He's a noob, I doubt hes working with a completely amplified system tuned specifically to do that doucher.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif

Im sure once he gets some knowledge he would understand what I meant. As well as you should have, unless youre an idiot. Which it seems so.

He's a noob, I doubt hes working with a completely amplified system tuned specifically to do that doucher.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif

Im sure once he gets some knowledge he would understand what I meant. As well as you should have, unless youre an idiot. Which it seems so.
Yes, I'm definitely an idiot because i set my system so that I wouldn't have distortion at max volume

Yes, I'm definitely an idiot because i set my system so that I wouldn't have distortion at max volume
Every song is different so when you could be playing one song louder you cant, because you set it so theres no distortion playing whichever song you used to tune? I guess its your system you do what you want, carry on. You had to make your system idiot proof lol

This is some good information. Thanks. It seems like I jacked up the sub myself. I guess I misunderstood what the knob was for. I'm a fair dude, so I didn't wanna go harassing my installer if I'm the one who made the mistake. I knew enough to keep the head unit settings flat. As a matter of fact he did go over that with me. But not how to handle utilizing the bass knob. Not sure if that's enough to blame them or not though. Thanks to all the replied. I appreciate the help.

This is some good information. Thanks. It seems like I jacked up the sub myself. I guess I misunderstood what the knob was for. I'm a fair dude, so I didn't wanna go harassing my installer if I'm the one who made the mistake. I knew enough to keep the head unit settings flat. As a matter of fact he did go over that with me. But not how to handle utilizing the bass knob. Not sure if that's enough to blame them or not though. Thanks to all the replied. I appreciate the help.
I would at least call them and tell them to inform future customers of that info, or at least ask if they know.

Every song is different so when you could be playing one song louder you cant, because you set it so theres no distortion playing whichever song you used to tune? I guess its your system you do what you want, carry on. You had to make your system idiot proof lol

Also. I didn't have the volume up all the way, just the bass knob that came with the amp. My headunit goes up to 40. I had it on like 28 or 30 when the sub blew

here's the thing that ***** about it, yes the installer should have explained some things to you, like was said before about max settings, as well as subs should be broken in, you're not supposed to throw it in there and try to blow your windows the first day. i usually set the amp at about half and gradually turn it up as the weeks go by until i hit about 80-85% depending on what i'm working with

Plus what a pain in the ***. You rotate that thing all the way to 80 to to turn it up all the way? Not to mention clipping. My idiot post stands.

Plus what a pain in the ***. You rotate that thing all the way to 80 to to turn it up all the way? Not to mention clipping. My idiot post stands.
I would say inexperience rather than idiot, idiot would imply that i can hear the distortion, i cant create noticeable distortion from mp3s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.