Blew my Sub after 1 day. Need advice.

on fosgate amps the knob controls a 0-18db boost at 45hz when set to a low pass filter if your going to use it the manual states to never go past 3/4 I believe for a ported enclosure no matter what and that incorrect use will lead to woofer failure and or damage.
ding ding ding we have a winner

I have the same amp and never bothered using the remote for a reason. It over rides the bass boost control on the amp regardless of what its set at. There is absolutely no need to use the remote because bass boost as always bad. Some amp remotes work this way and some remotes are just a preout voltage attenuator. The salemen that sold op the amp should know this and I hold them responsible.

you need to give it at least 20 hours of low to mid levels to break it in, maybe that could have been the issue, to not let it break in.
This is pure myth. 20 hours of break in is a clever way for manufacturers to get out of honoring warranty for poorly built woofers and/or user incompetence.

The w6 will have the same thermal power handling 1 second or 1 year out of the box.

OP jammed his "bass boost" to max and clipped the **** out of his amp.

I would love to know wher the gain was set at on the actual amp. I would call the shop and ask them how they set the gains on the amp. Hell don't touch the settings on the amp, take a pic of it and post it up here for us to have a look at.

Yes there are head units out there that you can max the volume out and achieve no distortion. Anyone saying there isn't doesn't know sweet ****.

Yes the user may have maxxed out the bass knob. Should the installer have put it in if he knew there was a chance of it happening? Nope.

A responsible install shop will go through settings, what to do, and what not to do. A responsible shop will set up a system for reliability, not ragged edge, competition, every last point on the meter counts tuning.

This is the fault of the shop who sold/installed the amp.

This is pure myth. 20 hours of break in is a clever way for manufacturers to get out of honoring warranty for poorly built woofers and/or user incompetence.
The w6 will have the same thermal power handling 1 second or 1 year out of the box.

OP jammed his "bass boost" to max and clipped the **** out of his amp.
I agree, burning the coil has nothing to do with how much power you use, the first minute or weeks later, the issue is with the motor, it needs to get loose before you hear it sound better.

I agree, burning the coil has nothing to do with how much power you use, the first minute or weeks later, the issue is with the motor, it needs to get loose before you hear it sound better.
80% of the change in TS Parameters typically happen within minutes of playing a new sub.

Umm...you mean the issue is with the suspension........

After a period of play, it will "soften".

The shop failed to compensate for the "idiot with new camaro trying to be cool" problem, That amp was way too much for the sub. They shouldve known you would turn it up all the way to show off your cool bromaro and sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.