Big Amps!

Wonderbread
5,000+ posts

Against Avatar Theft
Vancouver BC
hey, i have 600 bucks canadian burning a hole in my pocket so i have a question....

i need an amp to power my 12" Punch Power DVC RF sub (2000 peak/1000RMS)

is there any amp out there that iwll put out the power that teh JBL 1200.1 will and STILLS TAY IN THE SAME PRICE RANGE?

also, as teh JBL doesnt have a remote bass knob, is tehre any way to add one on? im assuming not, but always worth a question...

anyone?

thanks

anyone used Lightning Audio before?

I can get the S1.1000D for 235 USD....

or a factory refurbished Infinity Beta Digital 300 for 269 USD

specs are as follows..

4 Ohm Stereo: 300W x 2

2 Ohm Stereo: 500W x 2

4 Ohm Bridged: 1000

T.H.D. + Noise:

4 Ohms: 100Hz

2 Ohms:

4 Ohms Bridged:

Frequency Response (+0 -3db): 20Hz-1kHz

Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >90db

Channel Separation (100Hz-20kHz): >50db

Damping Factor: >200

DC Offset:

Dynamic Bass Optimization (DBO): Yes

DC Coupled Input: No

Variable Input (250 mV-9v): Yes

Power Fuse (ATC): 2

Efficiency @ Full Power: 80%

Carrier Frequency: 500KHz

Line Rejection Operating Voltage: 11-16vdc

Remote on Current:

Quiascant Current:

Max Current:

or should i jsut go witht eh JBL 1200.1 for 253 USD?

or are there any other suggestions? i would liekt o keep it under 300 bucks....

also, if anyone knows where i can get a great deal on a 1 or 1.5 farad cap, lemme know?

The best amp in your price range will be Lanzar Vibe 1200D or Lanzar Opti 800SL, These will make your subs pound and will run at regular down to 1 ohm.

You can buy these on many sites. try audio-warehouse.com, mmxpress.com, national-electronics.com they have the best pricese for Lanzar I think.

Dude dont listen to him he is the same one asking if Audiobauhn was a good company or not and if leagcy was a good brand I say the lightning audio we have did extensive tests mostly at 2 ohms and it didnt get hot at all without the fan module and at 1ohm with fan module it got barly hot too touch not to bad at that was at 1ohm for 30 minutes. I am telling ya this amp is no joke and we found it more powerful than the jbl 1200.1 but yes if you do get the LA audio amp get the fan it tends to get more over heated than the bd1000.1 and it almost uses same exzact parts just that the heat sinked shell is not near the design of the RF amp also the JBL does'nt have a sub sonic filter also the LA is cheaper more powerful and we found the JBL got a whole hell fo alot hotter at 1ohm than the LA amp and same at every ohm.

its going to be running at 2 ohms, pushing my power 12...

dual 4 ohm coils...

so t\wo ohms...

how much does the fan module cost, and where can i get it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.