Beerdrnkr's Newest Build Log

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beerdrnkr
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Diego
Alright, I think I'm about a month or 2 away from completing this build so it's ok to start this build log. The goal of this build was to have an SQ comp worthy vehicle as well as being SPL comp worthy. It should get pretty loud, especially the frontstage. I have only about half of the build done currently and I didn't take too many pics but I'll try to get more from now on. Here's a list of the equipment I'll be installing:

Headunit: IVA-W205/H701 Combo

Frontstage Amps: (2) JL Audio G6600 6ch. amps and JL Audio 4ch. G4500 Amp. Each 6ch. amp will be bridged to 3ch. supplying about 200wrms at 4ohms. 1 amp will supply the Midbass in doors, Midbass/Midrange in kicks, and 4" Midranges in A-pillars on the left side. The other amp will supply the same thing on the right side. The 4ch. amp will be bridged and supply the the tweets in the A-pillars with about 185wrms. Yeah, I know plenty of headroom. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sub Amp: Orion 2500D. I might be going to a Sundown 3000D sometime in the future.

Midbass in Doors: Scanspeak Discovery 8's. Scan-speak 22W/4534G Discovery 8" Woofer 4 ohm from Madisound

Midbass/Midrange in Kicks: Scanspeak Discovery 5 1/4's. Scan-Speak 15W/8434G00 Discovery, 5.25" Midwoofer from Madisound

Midrange in A-pillars: Scanspeak Discovery 4's. Scan-Speak Discovery 10F/4424G, 4" Midrange from Madisound

Tweeters: Undecided at the moment but I'm thinking some small format Scanspeak Illuminators.

Subs: Custom TC 3HPs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the H701 will have the front 1 outs going to the 4's, the front 2 outs to the 5 1/4's, the rears to the midbass in the doors, the center to the tweets (I'll have individual gain control on each to help with T/A and I'll have them crossed around 8khz anyway), and of course the sub out to subs.

Currently I just have the 6ch. and 4ch. hooked up temporarily so I can listen to music. The 8's in the doors sound and hit so much harder than the Dayton RS225's that I recently just removed. I'm extremely happy with those and the 5 1/4's in the kicks. I'm currently running Dynaudio MD100's in the pillars. Pillars will be fiberglassed to house the 4's and tweets at a later time.

I'll start with a few pics of some of the other gear I've had over the years just for fun, I've never been able to break a 146db on the Term-Lab so my goal is to break it with this build.

0503100943b.jpg

0503100945a.jpg

0503100947a.jpg

102_0118.jpg

102_0130.jpg

102_0010.jpg

102_0003.jpg

102_0002.jpg

IMGA0016.jpg

Ok enough of that. Here's some of the new stuff going in and newer build pics:

102_0239.jpg

Ipod for music.

102_0230-1.jpg

250gb Zune for music and movies.

102_0234.jpg

Everything will be techflexed for final installation.

102_0242.jpg

102_0240.jpg

102_0222.jpg

102_0221.jpg

102_0226-1.jpg

102_0225-1.jpg

102_0220.jpg

Hope ParkerG doesn't mind me posting these pics but I bought 2 of these subs from him:

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

So that's where I'm currently at right now. Any comments?

****...i think you do more build logs than i change cds in my car lol.

Nice frickin eqiup btw

I wanna hear it

ever makin your way up north?lol

****...i think you do more build logs than i change cds in my car lol.
Nice frickin eqiup btw

I wanna hear it

ever makin your way up north?lol
Thanks man, lol. There's a specific type of system that I want to get but I just am not happy with the way my other systems have come out. The closest was the old school solo's with ppi's but I went to vegas and partied like a rockstar then came back to reality and had to sell it all off to recover some money..lol. After this is all finished if there's any comps up there I'm sure I'd do to one or two. I'll let you know or if you're ever down this way you can check it out.

Not sure if anyone cares about the wiring and whatnot but the car floor is deadened with Raamat and Ensolite as well as the doors and especially the rear hatch area. The roof will need some because I get a ton of rattles from it especially where the controls are for the sunroof. I stripped all the old wiring out and used some home audio speaker cable that houses 4 16awg wires. It has a nice thick jacket on it and I ran one run to each a-pillar for each tweeters and 4" mid so it's ready when I get my a-pillars done. The mids in the doors and kicks have 16awg Kicker hyperflex? ran to them and are techflexed along with heatshrink. Might get some more hyperflex for the 4awg and 0/1awg wiring in back but I have a lot of extra 4awg and 0/1awg random wiring so not sure if I should pay more just to have all the same wiring. I have an extra bat in the back (forgot what size) with o/1awg running to it from the Alt. I might be able to stick a 2nd bat back there once I see how everything fits.

I'll most likely have someone build me an amp rack and a single ported box for each sub. I'd like to be able to remove one sub for when I need the room or for SQ comps. Misc. other crap, I'll be getting a custom exhaust to add a little horsepower to this slow accelerating vehicle and I'll need some nice shocks for the rear. Any suggestions or comments, feel free to let me know. Thanks

Thanks man, lol. There's a specific type of system that I want to get but I just am not happy with the way my other systems have come out. The closest was the old school solo's with ppi's but I went to vegas and partied like a rockstar then came back to reality and had to sell it all off to recover some money..lol. After this is all finished if there's any comps up there I'm sure I'd do to one or two. I'll let you know or if you're ever down this way you can check it out.
Not sure if anyone cares about the wiring and whatnot but the car floor is deadened with Raamat and Ensolite as well as the doors and especially the rear hatch area. The roof will need some because I get a ton of rattles from it especially where the controls are for the sunroof. I stripped all the old wiring out and used some home audio speaker cable that houses 4 16awg wires. It has a nice thick jacket on it and I ran one run to each a-pillar for each tweeters and 4" mid so it's ready when I get my a-pillars done. The mids in the doors and kicks have 16awg Kicker hyperflex? ran to them and are techflexed along with heatshrink. Might get some more hyperflex for the 4awg and 0/1awg wiring in back but I have a lot of extra 4awg and 0/1awg random wiring so not sure if I should pay more just to have all the same wiring. I have an extra bat in the back (forgot what size) with o/1awg running to it from the Alt. I might be able to stick a 2nd bat back there once I see how everything fits.

I'll most likely have someone build me an amp rack and a single ported box for each sub. I'd like to be able to remove one sub for when I need the room or for SQ comps. Misc. other crap, I'll be getting a custom exhaust to add a little horsepower to this slow accelerating vehicle and I'll need some nice shocks for the rear. Any suggestions or comments, feel free to let me know. Thanks
Ill prolly be down there sooner than later.

Need to visit my aunt. She not doing the best.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

For sure if you ever make your way up north hit me up. Hopefully ill be done glassing my hatch sometime soon. Learning how to glass yay. Wish i knew what i was doing lol.

Ill prolly be down there sooner than later.
Need to visit my aunt. She not doing the best.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

For sure if you ever make your way up north hit me up. Hopefully ill be done glassing my hatch sometime soon. Learning how to glass yay. Wish i knew what i was doing lol.
Sorry to hear that man. I'll definitely let you know when it's all good to go. I wish I was ballsy enough to do my own fiberglassing...lol. For now, I'll depend on someone else...lol

Oh yeah, might be nice to let everybody know what car this is in...lol. It's a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara.

100_0814.jpg

100_0815.jpg

Here's some comparisons between the Dayton 8's and Scanspeak 8's:

0530101358b.jpg

0530101358a.jpg

And a shot of the Scanspeak 5 1/4" in the kicks:

102_0190.jpg

The kickpods are pretty small and they have about a 3" hole in the rear but I might need to make that hole bigger so the mids can breathe a little better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.