Been a while...

Went ahead and gonna run a sealed 1.9ish sealed box for now...until i get a ported custom box built. Dad is pretty much a carpenter and will get a nut building the box...lol. Who knows, maybe the sealed will do the trick (still gonna compare the sealed vs ported) so will let you guys/gals know what works for me.

Thanks again

No debate on the sealed vs ported. Just going to run sealed until the ported box is built. With the holidays may be into january before the ported box is finished...so a prefab sealed until then.

Got the Orion, Lc2I, RCA and fuse delivered. Power and ground is run and installed. Factory deck is prepped (thanks Crutchfield...had it figured out but with the canbus easily the best 10 bucks I spent on this install). Remote and Bass control run and installed. Mock up of amp install almost complete. SUB is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Finishing the Lc2i tomorrow and hopefully test the amp and power on an old jl (8 ohm ) tomorrow. Spending Saturday finishing up and tuning.

Unfortunately, I have been critical (as usual) of the OEM speakers and (wait for it.....) yep, you guessed it. Now i have been looking at replacements....... I remember why I started riding bikes now...

could do sundown sa or fu 750 in that box (fu on sale now but couple of us had glue issues with them lately) ssa gcon has gotten rave reviews but i think they outta stock right now, fi alpha 12 would be good on low power, fi ssd real nice sub needs more power though.. the bigger xtr's have been tested to do more than rated power.. twisted sounds has 1k for $219 just set gain low electrical will be fine unless your alt is tiny..
i took one of my Rockford P3s outof the box the other day to see why it wasnt working (turned out to be a disconnected speaker wire on one of the coils) and they were surprisingly beefy looking. Totally forgot what they looked like as theyd been in the box for quite a while and i hadnt had a need to take them out until a little while ago. I know there are better bang for the buck subs out there, but ive been beating on these P3s for years now and theyve been pretty rock solid. If you can find a deal on them during cyber week, they pound pretty well

Man, my PPI PC275 is wired to 2 ohms and it dims the s#it out of my lights
yeah but thats ab amp right? class d don't **** it as bad also i never drive at nite lol.. agm helps sure.. i went to mcdonalds few nites ago at 10 pm and saw just a tad bit of dimming when i left driveway after i gave it gas it stopped.. just pulled rear deck cover off today removed rear speakers., drove out of town to pick up olive garden (30 miles each way) adjusting hu whole time.. huge difference with rears out, let bass into cabin my box is 1" higher than last one and it was blocking bass.. sub is destroying trunk,wouldn't unlock few days then i drove and it did... just tried again and wouldn't unlock i turned sub up for few seconds and trunk opened lol.. i need a ton of mat on that thing.. also shocking thing is my $40 sq speakers just on hu sound pretty good, loud with just the door 6.5" coax and factory tweet..

He does [emoji23][emoji23]
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
yep u got it.. darth said same thing.. but i did it when i got the pioneer and drove out of town several other times is how pioneer got broke in.. i filled up before i left 1st time in 35 days i had drove 215 miles.. so 60 miles of bassin hard to my sub is like more than a week of normal driving almost 2 because when wife or bro in law is in car it don't play at all or very low.. also i haven't been to a movie or on a vacation in 25 yrs so driving 30 miles 4 times a yr to og or red lobster is all i do..

dawg olive garden is the *****

I had a coupon for a two-for-one and took this random girl just so I could get the discount.

I had at least 6 or 7 plates of food.

OP glad you went with a 15. I know I should have.

Let us know what happens //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

yep u got it.. darth said same thing.. but i did it when i got the pioneer and drove out of town several other times is how pioneer got broke in.. i filled up before i left 1st time in 35 days i had drove 215 miles.. so 60 miles of bassin hard to my sub is like more than a week of normal driving almost 2 because when wife or bro in law is in car it don't play at all or very low.. also i haven't been to a movie or on a vacation in 25 yrs so driving 30 miles 4 times a yr to og or red lobster is all i do..
when i was still with my most recent ex, it would drive me nuts to have her in the car with me because she cant take loud bass. Probably a good thing otherwise my amp would have fried sooner than it did LOL For me, unnecessary drives are mini vacations //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ive fortunately been able to take some pretty awesome vacations in the last 3 years, 2 to Romania/Bulgaria and one to pikes peak

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.