Been a while...

Well, lets start with this... how set are you on a sealed box?... if you are, the Dayton ho 15 immediately comes to mind for that power input level.

If you are open to ported, you have more options. It looks like you have 5.3cu accounting only for wood displacement

Aploigies Boom...

Let me check ya out some before we waste each others time. Again, this is all on me but ya seem really eager to help a bro out (prove me wrong).

Anybody have any dealings/advice with BOOM or fu subs (interested as of now)...(sorry BOOM just the way this works now... i do appreciate the follow up on specs).

Thank...

The FU subs are generally good.
Hes just excited because he recently bought an fu750.
no i rec'd other subs, just fu went up month ago i made a thread about it., well now they less than they were a month ago just sayin''.. i showed specs and video cause he hadn't hear of them, warned him about glue too.. if he getting sealed box i'd do the dayton too.. as i said the alpha 12 was rec'd to me, seems like great ported option for low power.. the xtr 650 probably does like 800rms or more so fu and sa would work well too maybe even xfl..

Youtube vids look prommising.... again, im not dismissing the gear. Just never seen/heard of the products before. Hell, ive bought KRACO before...any experience with that brand? How about Pyramid gear, that stuff was the bomb in the 90’s right...?
No on the pyramid, but second the dayton if you are going sealed on that power.

Just to recap...not looking to “destroy the winshield”.
Single 10/12/15 to xover well with the 6x9’s on the front stage on 500-750rms. Looking for mid to hi end amp and sub setup $500-$700ish to compliment oem system.

Tell me if im wrong to steer clear of the fu subs (gut feeling)...

So far, orion or jl jx with a psi sub (possibly SA sub) is in the crosshairs....any objections?

Thanks
jl to high for what they are,, get the sa or psi or gcon if u can find it..

jl to high for what they are,, get the sa or psi or gcon if u can find it..
He’s talking amps and I would go with the Orion XTR they are stout amps and rated at 12.6v so if your electrical isn’t very good it’s still going to make at least the advertised power.

He’s talking amps and I would go with the Orion XTR they are stout amps and rated at 12.6v so if your electrical isn’t very good it’s still going to make at least the advertised power.
lol yeah not normally up this early got woke up by chain saws.. yeah xtr diff more watts per $ too..

Got a mechman 320 ish last week on sale for $499

Mechman had them in stock and mine has shipped out. I should get tomorrow.

Last h.o alt I did was dc power, took awhile to get but it did the job.

Stick with good brands stinger, singer, dc power, mechman, Ohio generator and so on.

I've read about some/most having a crap shot with non name eBay alts.

Dd audio makes a redline sub that does ok on 500 watts. I have two of the 6.5 subs in a factory box and the lows they can hit did suprise me. Digital designs

Dd makes a 500and 1000 watt d class amp to match that puts out rated power and comes in a small frame. I have the 5 channel that does 1000x1 and 90x4. Solid amp.

Price was pretty good for me as years back I did a tree job for owner of shop and he has gave me good deals since.

Getting ready to go fire up my chainsaws.
i mean my car has been on carport everyday for a month waiting for these guys.. they come the day i parked in front lol.. i gotta hose saw dust off car off before taking bro in law to doc at 1.. guy is good in that bucket though..

Another vote for Mechman Alternator here. Seems like a small outfit, I've only ever talked to one person there, but the quality is good, and they do what they're rated for. Of course I've never dealt with any other brands for HO alts, Mechman has either been the only option for my car, or the best cost/benefit option, your jeep should have a lot more options.

If you listen to dubstep or any EDM for that matter, I would recommend ported, unless you decide on a speaker that does better in a sealed enclosure. I'll admit to a bit of bias, but the 808s and continuous bass present in modern electronic music typically sounds better in a ported box to me. I would tune low (32-34 Hz), and if you need/want to custom build, I have a couple of websites I use to calculate port and box dimensions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FWIW - Your Jeep might have the big 160A alt Dodge/Chrysler's been using for a while now -- that's what Rockauto shows. My Town & Country has it. I've been running ~1500w for 2-1/2 yrs with a questionable battery -- that alt is strong.

Not set on sealed. Agree, ported is the way im leaning towards with the dubstep (primary music i listen to on Pandora - everything else is bass heavy stuff).

Think im set on the Orion xtr amps. (like realistic power ratings quoted @ 12v).

Good point on the alt...ill check that out and see exactly what I got. I assumed the 4cy would have a small alt. That may open up the possibility for a larger amp. The alt is the main reason for 650w’ish rms amp and ultimately what sub to go with.

Any opinions on the Orion xtrpro subs? The ease of (and avaiabilty) cone replacements looks appealing.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.