Best 1 ohm stable amp stock electrical?

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Need something to power 2 gcons wired to 1 ohm. Only amp that will be running, stock factory bose door speakers/amp. Looking at the Orion xtr 1500.1 or the skar 1500.1 or maybe a soundqubed. Can I run 1500rms in stock electrical or is that too much? I want to run as much power as possible for them. Budget is $300. New.

Depends on your vehicle... if your running a Civi with a 80amp alternator... probably not. If your running a Tundra with a 170 Amp alternator, yes you probably could....

Depends on your vehicle... if your running a Civi with a 80amp alternator... probably not. If your running a Tundra with a 170 Amp alternator, yes you probably could....
It’s a 2017 mazda 6 lol

CAB 1600.1... $200 Shipped... I'm not a dyno guy... but watch those videos if you are... they are some pretty impressive amps... 1/2 ohm capable with electrical upgrades... mine did great on a couple of Skars... imho it's the best deal out there

CAB 1600.1... $200 Shipped... I'm not a dyno guy... but watch those videos if you are... they are some pretty impressive amps... 1/2 ohm capable with electrical upgrades... mine did great on a couple of Skars... imho it's the best deal out there
Was looking at that amp too.. mostly just concerned how well it would do on stock eletrial

[quote name='stay_high']Was looking at that amp too.. mostly just concerned how well it would do on stock eletrial[/QUOTE]
xtr be strongest like 2100 rms i really doubt u can do that or can well with stock wires / alt.. skar 1500 don't quite do 1500 maybe look at wolfram 1500 @bigblank69 just tested 1 does really close to rated maybe he'll tell u how much power it ******..

[quote name='BOOMINGRANDPA']xtr be strongest like 2100 rms i really doubt u can do that or can well with stock wires / alt.. skar 1500 don't quite do 1500 maybe look at wolfram 1500 @bigblank69 just tested 1 does really close to rated maybe he'll tell u how much power it ******..[/QUOTE]
I guess my question is, can I push 1500rms with stock electrical or would. Be just as good gettingba 1k rms amp? Leaning toward the cab 1600.1, it’s color would match my ssa’s perfectly lol.

I guess my question is, can I push 1500rms with stock electrical or would. Be just as good gettingba 1k rms amp? Leaning toward the cab 1600.1, it’s color would match my ssa’s perfectly lol.
your sig says u running 1500 now.. i would say u could but not with the 900.4 too.. i have 900rms on stock no big 3 with 4ga any more than that i'd need bigger wires and big 3.. i was saying the xtr is really 2100 so no., the wolfram is right at 1550 or so, the skar is like 1400 but like i said aren't u running 1500 now?

your sig says u running 1500 now.. i would say u could but not with the 900.4 too.. i have 900rms on stock no big 3 with 4ga any more than that i'd need bigger wires and big 3.. i was saying the xtr is really 2100 so no., the wolfram is right at 1550 or so, the skar is like 1400 but like i said aren't u running 1500 now?
Sorry I thought I deleted my sig, that was in my old xterra. Driving a 2017 mazda 6 now. That cerwin Vega 1500 amp fried, looking to replace it. Only amp I will be running is the sub amp. 900.4 is gone

Sorry I thought I deleted my sig, that was in my old xterra. Driving a 2017 mazda 6 now. That cerwin Vega 1500 amp fried, looking to replace it. Only amp I will be running is the sub amp. 900.4 is gone
u need to see what big blank says about wolfram power draw, it's a twisted sound 1.3 board so should be pretty nice amp was on sale $229.

Was looking at that amp too.. mostly just concerned how well it would do on stock eletrial
When I ran just 1 CAB at .67 ohm on 3 RE 12's (scx-12d4's)... I had a stock alt (105A?) And 2 lead-acid group 75 batteries with all 0ga and big 3 only... the lights only slightly dimmed at high volume... at that point I was smelling coils after 5 minutes anyways... so I just turned it down. The amp always performed flawlessly and had power to spare... I eventually redid everything and had 2 strapped at 1 ohm for a bit... IDK how much power I had then but it was pretty powerful... those amps are a deal and are pretty awesome with the low impedance flexibility they offer for the cost... $200 ea... they're not recommended under 1 ohm mono or 2 ohm strapped... but I'm a fan... a friend just went from a xtr 1500 and loves his CAB... the xtr lacks an adjustable SSF and the bass knob seems cheap in his opinion... plus the CAB pushes his sub better at 1 ohm than the xtr did... imho, the CAB is a STEAL for $200 shipped.

yeah get agm starting batt at advance.com save 20-25% and they install it.. i agree xtr ss filter not great if u tuned above 31hz..
SS filter at 24hz is fine and will be sufficient for those tuned above 31hz. Some sub/box combos will naturally have a steep roll off and don't even need ssf. 99% of songs out there don't go below the mid to low 30s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.