Been a while...

DUAL10S
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
TX
Been a while since i been on...

So, got into motorcycles and got out of car audio for a while now (quite a while). Getting over the hill now and had to get a car for rain, sleet and snow and most importantly temps below 40...lol

Anyway... got myself a jeep renegade limited for crappy weather. System is pretty good stock (or i just been out the loop for too long). However, its gonna need some help on the Bass side of things...

I been into dubstep lately, so looking to add a single sub to the oem stereo. Did some checking today and looks like i can get the power and signal to the amp pretty easily (actually has a rubber groment in the firewall...? lol)

Back on topic, not going to do anything with elec system as far as upgrades...just adding a sub doing around 500 rms @ 1 or 2 ohm (least impact on elec possible).

Im not above buying off brands but want to be realistic about the power (amp) im buying. Budget is 500-750 ish. Not trying to shake the wipers but need need to back up the oem.

Got the room for up to a single 18” sub. Been looking at PSI subs with a Orion xtr 650 mono...possibly JL jx. Again, been out the loop and not sure what the better amps (reliable/underpowered) amps are these days.

My caraudio history is 2 Phoenix Gold Ti10’2 (wish i still had those motors) on a brutus up to 4 Type R’s on 2 z1000’s and all the inbetween. Used Kicker, Jl, Power Acoustic, PG, RF etc... just not sure what the upper end modern stuff is...

Thanks

Just to clarify (splash of whiskey this evening)...

Looking to do a single sub setup around 500-750 rms (least impact on elec). Really want to do a single 15 “ for sq. 6x9’s in the front doors are doing good but not sure if the 15 will crossover well. Im cool with a 10/12 if they will play better with the 6x9’s.

Got room for a 36”x20”x16” box. Not above ported but if old school sealed will work, i would like to stay sealed. Ported may be better for dubstep though?...

Almost forgot...need to have Hi Level inputs on the amp if possible.

Thanks again...��

Just out of curiosity...if i did decide to do any elec upgrades, who is the go to for alternators these days?

could do sundown sa or fu 750 in that box (fu on sale now but couple of us had glue issues with them lately) ssa gcon has gotten rave reviews but i think they outta stock right now, fi alpha 12 would be good on low power, fi ssd real nice sub needs more power though.. the bigger xtr's have been tested to do more than rated power.. twisted sounds has 1k for $219 just set gain low electrical will be fine unless your alt is tiny..

Wow....I forgot about SA

Who is fu?

Added so many FI subs to the cart in the day...lol, will check em out again.

SSA was out of my range but will give em another look.

Totally forgot about soundsolutions......

Thanks man...

Wow....I forgot about SA
Who is fu?

Added so many FI subs to the cart in the day...lol, will check em out again.

SSA was out of my range but will give em another look.

Totally forgot about soundsolutions......

Thanks man...
some ssa subs are made bu fi.. fu been around a while see my avatar and see video i made yesterday in my sig.. guy here has 8 12's destroyed his windshield.. they are on sale "halloween" so another few days maybe it is a deal like i said check surround if u order it thats all FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio

Cool...having trouble finding the displacement/xmax on the fu subs...as well as the recommended box sealed/ported. Thanks again, need specs on the product. Has the weight but cant find the specs...(2.5” coils seems to be lacking compared to PSI...). Not calling BS (yet) but seems questionable...need more info to convince me.

Thanks for the recomendition...

Just to recap...not looking to “destroy the winshield”.

Single 10/12/15 to xover well with the 6x9’s on the front stage on 500-750rms. Looking for mid to hi end amp and sub setup $500-$700ish to compliment oem system.

Tell me if im wrong to steer clear of the fu subs (gut feeling)...

So far, orion or jl jx with a psi sub (possibly SA sub) is in the crosshairs....any objections?

Thanks

Cool...having trouble finding the displacement/xmax on the fu subs...as well as the recommended box sealed/ported. Thanks again, need specs on the product. Has the weight but cant find the specs...(2.5” coils seems to be lacking compared to PSI...). Not calling BS (yet) but seems questionable...need more info to convince me.
Thanks for the recomendition...
i have specs, 750's on site have to click thing looks like paper 20mm xmax.. here FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio

Thanks BOOM...

Give me a bit to do some maths (bit slow) for my ride... Not dissing ya, just got my shields up. Appreciate ya helping me out...sorry if being skeptical...dollar is still strong for now...

Anybody got any input on the fu subs?...

[quote name='DUAL10S']Thanks BOOM...

Give me a bit to do some maths (bit slow) for my ride... Not dissing ya, just got my shields up. Appreciate ya helping me out...sorry if being skeptical...dollar is still strong for now...

Anybody got any input on the fu subs?...[/QUOTE]
I ain't buy it today but they are on sale.. u can search fu audio on here and u tube.. there are many other options like i said sa is good, fi good.. they all watching tv right now i guess.. @Popwarhomie and @kr15 may stop by..

Youtube vids look prommising.... again, im not dismissing the gear. Just never seen/heard of the products before. Hell, ive bought KRACO before...any experience with that brand? How about Pyramid gear, that stuff was the bomb in the 90’s right...?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.