beating a 10w7 with 550W

Participant count
  • Participant list

rambassmachine
10+ year member

Me and my buddy have a little friendly competition going on between our systems. Currently i am running 2 12w3s in a nice ported box built to JL specs, powered by a fosgate 551s, in my single cab dodge ram. He is running a 10w7 in the JL h.o. box off a jl 500/1 in his 2 door tahoe. Right now its kind of a toss up between us, i may be louder if anything, but his sounds really good, and is just as loud. Is there a single sub i could use, powered by the 551s i have now, that can hang with that sub? I've wanted to switch to a single sub set up for a while now, so im ready to do this. I was thinking a 12 or 15 SE or maybe even a HC if i can get my hands on one, but is 550 rms enough to power a HC? I definately will be going ported, and the only issue is mounting depth cannot exceed 9 inches. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks for the help.

knew something was slipping my mind, thanks for reminding me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Are the new mag d2s on backorder or anything, or are they in stock? also what size should i go with?

me talking to a sales rep at tweeter after he told me he hit 160+db with a single 10L5 in his truck, saying the reason it was so loud was because it was aimed straight up and in a sealed box: "this whole place is worthless, do you even know what SPL means?"
store manager: "i think you need to go, oh and by the way, SPL means Sub Poundage Level, thank you very much"

only time i've ever left a car audio store with a smile on my face
Off topic..

I dont get it. Your smiling cuz hes an idiot or cuz you think thats what it means too?

Bill T.

bill - smiling cuz i now know that that man is a complete waste of space and he doesnt realize it.

still no answer on the depth on the 15 mag d2.......anyone know what it is??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.