Audison 5.600 how do i get 550w rms to sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mattwsm

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I've just upgraded my sub, it's a hertz mps 250 s2, I need to change the settings on my audison sr 5.600 so that the sub is getting the full 550 watts, at the moment it's wired up using the rca inputs, on the instructions it has 2 configurations for five channels. 75w x4 +330w x1 at 4 ohms and the other is 115w x4 + 550w x1 at 2 ohms. How do I change it so the sub is getting the 550w rws? Do I need to change from rca to the high level input? I'm a noob to all this, any help will be much appreciated.

Looks like it's a 2 ohm sub. So just wire it to the subwoofer channel and you should be good.
I have and its definitely not getting enough power to it, I have to turn the gain to nearly full to get anything decent out of it. It's just not right, would really like to understand how you get the different power set ups on the amp.

Here's a picture from the instructions, what I would like to know is can I run front and rear speakers via rca and have the sub running off the high level input, I've been warned not to do this but looking at the instructions it looks like its OK. It's not very clear though. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20220607_174048.jpg
    20220607_174048.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 34
Does the amp have 2 separate gain controls? Do you have multiple sets of RCA wires ran to the amp from your head unit? Does your head unit have a subwoofer control function? All the high level input does is take the place of RCA's if your head unit does not have them.

All 5 channels are running off rca at the moment, the front, rear and sub have there own gain controls, would i not get more power to the sub If i was to run it off the high level input?

All 5 channels are running off rca at the moment, the front, rear and sub have there own gain controls, would i not get more power to the sub If i was to run it off the high level input?
No you will not gain any power, it's just called hi level input no power to gain there. Your RCA's are much better for signal. How many sets of RCA cable are you running? And what head unit do you have?

From what I'm reading on audisons Web site the speaker load detection only works with high level inputs. See picture. Or am I mistaken? It's all driving me nuts!
20220607_194942.jpg

Ok first of all don't worry about the high level input, stick with your RCA connections. And second, you have a really nice head unit with some great features. You need to find your subwoofer level adjustment in the head unit, turn that all the way up. Now tune your gain on your amp with your head unit at 80% volume. I use a multimeter, take the wattage of the sub and multiply it by how many ohms your final load to the amp will be. It should be a 2 ohm load as your sub is a 2 ohm dvc. Then find the square root of that which will be 33.16. That is the voltage your looking for coming out of the amp (33.16 volts) You should also tune for your speakers as well, the same way. The best way is with an oscilloscope but you don't have to have one.

Ok first of all don't worry about the high level input, stick with your RCA connections. And second, you have a really nice head unit with some great features. You need to find your subwoofer level adjustment in the head unit, turn that all the way up. Now tune your gain on your amp with your head unit at 80% volume. I use a multimeter, take the wattage of the sub and multiply it by how many ohms your final load to the amp will be. It should be a 2 ohm load as your sub is a 2 ohm dvc. Then find the square root of that which will be 33.16. That is the voltage your looking for coming out of the amp (33.16 volts) You should also tune for your speakers as well, the same way. The best way is with an oscilloscope but you don't have to have one.
I've done all that, I could hardly hear the sub!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...