How fast does your Yinlong bank recharge after beating on it for a while and dropping the voltage?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cmancodi

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
Just want to hear some peoples real world experiences running Yinlong...

I've been told it takes longer to recharge than some other lithiums with faster charge/recharge times... like it may only pull 200 amps from a 400 amp alternator unless you have like a 12v battery bank SOC (state of charge) and a 16v alternator set point (huge voltage potential).

So if you start at 15v (or let me know where you charge at) and drop down to 14v, or 13v....

How long do you have to keep the music turned down for your system to fully recover up to the original voltage (fully charged or close to it)?

Let me know how many amps your alternator is... and how many Ah your yinlong bank is... and how much power on subwoofer amps you are running... obviously a larger bank will have lower internal resistance.. but also higher capacity.. so this should be interesting to hear.

I've heard "I dont drop more than 0.5v" from some people but then others told me they had to wait 20 min for bank to fully recharge.. so that's why I am wondering. I think it might be due to the quality of cells... like B-Grade aliexpress cells versus higher quality ones! But also alternator amperage...

Plz keep it civil.. idk why but everything on the internet always seems to turn into a $hitshow.. no problem with disagreeing just dont be an A$$hole!

Last edited:
I have a 320 amp alt and 40ah Yinlong. My voltage stays pretty damn steady. I might drop 0.1 volt. 15.8 volts cold and 15.5 hot.

Thank you - what are you running, the Ruthless 4500?

I plan on running a DD M4000 at 0.5 ohm - 240 amp Autotech... on 40Ah yinong.. but only at 15.0v

Either way.. sounds very similar so I have much more faith in this after reading what you are running

For awhile I was running 80ah yinlong on a stock 100-120a alt. Smart 5 sub amp and Audison APF8.9 bit stage amp. My voltage never dropped more than a few tenths and recovered almost instantly after music.

This weekend I should be installing a new 400a hairpin so we shall see what thwt does.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...