Bandpass builders: I need your help!

okay lets see what you got design an ...Isobaric quasi eighth order series tuned dual reflex bandpass enclosure....can YOU handle that MOBEIOUS

okay lets see what you got design an ...Isobaric quasi eighth order series tuned dual reflex bandpass enclosure....can YOU handle that MOBEIOUS
i can if u would like but no car woofers these days would really benifit from that type of enclosure

box 1.....front 2.642 cubic ft. NET....rear 3.3 cubic ft NET......port in front chamber 6 inch round port 20.19707 inches long....tuning frequency 34.25....passband frequency 20.57 hz- 57.02 hz...........very narrow passband but very efficient......Box 2....front 1.835 cubic ft. NET.....rear 2.015 cubic ft.NET.......6 inch round port 20.20532 inches long......tuning frequency 41.09....passband frequency 23.47 hz- 71.93hz.....I would personally go with box 2........if you want to use slot ports someone here can help you convert my round port suggestion to a slot port..........Im about to go eat good luck.
Are you fucking high? Thats impossible to read.

So what's a good program to model bandpasses in then? WinISD?
I could eyeball a better bandpass than a program could design. All these calculators **** for bandpass.

I could eyeball a better bandpass than a program could design. All these calculators **** for bandpass.
So if I ever go with a bandpass I'd be better off just asking for help instead of designing it myself?

here ya go just a little quick something i threw together for a JBL GTO 12

4thiso.jpg

pv audio what is so ludacris about it....smart ass
let me tell you something pv audio Ive been doing this since YOU were two years old still shitting in diapers so dont tell me I dont know what Im doing...I have forgotten more than you even Know LIL BOY
Without being arrogant or elitist, I can say with pretty much 100% certainty that I have a greater understanding of enclosure theory than you do. The difference is that while you sit here and type, I am sitting here and reading volumes from like likes of Bullock, Thiele, Riley, Klippel, D'Appolito and Small trying to enrich my knowledge, then I ask questions on here to people who know more when I don't fully understand something.

The simple fact that you posted numbers directly from a calculator; numbers that aren't possible to achieve in the real world anyway, proves that you don't have the intuition to design properly. A calculator is a tool, and especially for bandpasses, the designer knows what to do in the first place then uses the computer to get the exact numbers, not the other way around. That's why I had a design contest to weed people out. Over 9 entrants were so poorly designed that I didn't even bother to list them because they listed things like 2.000344483728 cubic feet when in fact the enclosure would have been more suitable for a laboratory rat maze.

It's when people like you come on here spouting out information as though you know what you're doing when in fact you just opened up a computer and punched in some numbers that I try and help others who might not understand why that isn't true. People like 80, mobes and imamp3pimp are some of the best BP designers on this forum, and you will never see them give a customer numbers like that because they aren't made for a person, they were made in a computer without even considering someone's vehicle, input power, driver, extraneous effects or personal preference. That's what it comes down to.

If you want to debate me on enclosure or loudspeaker theory, please, feel free to do it another time because I don't want to come off as arrogant since it makes me feel badly and I have studying to do, but I don't particularly like being told that I don't know what I'm talking about when out of all of the car enclosure designs I have made, all of them have been original and over 3/4s have been repeat customers.

I used to be like you: thought I knew everything, got mad when someone said I was wrong, and tried to argue against them without actually having the knowledge to back it up. I learn new things every day. Hell, I learned some interesting stuff today that I already posted about somewhere on here. So please, if you know how to design BPs, then fine. Posting random numbers and assuming that they are of any use to anyone is simply, as I said, ludicrous. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Good lord you're obnoxious. Throwing around enclosure terms as though that proves that you know something people don't. Not only is that sort of enclosure entirely useless, it only proves that you are striving to show that you are somehow better than someone who already proved himself to be one of the most accurate designers on here, and did it while being the most creative. Just stop, please.

wow that's a weird design...
It is also incredibly useless, would sound atrocious and would never be used in industry. There are infinite numbers of enclosure variations that you can use. That doesn't mean that you should use them. Boogeyman is just getting into a pissing contest with mobes to prove that he's somehow more knowledgeable when in fact all he's doing is picking random words to make an enclosure that has zero useful features.

So if I ever go with a bandpass I'd be better off just asking for help instead of designing it myself?
You can design it yourself. I dont know 6th orders well enough to design and build one for myself and be sure of how it will sound... But 4th orders arent that complicated.

Its 2 chambers and a single port. Alot of the time, bandpasses are easier to design than regular ported boxes. In my truck, I went as small as possible on the sealed, and as big as possible on the ported, then got a decent sized port and made it deep enough to fit a big horn in it... Which happened to tune it to 47-48hz. Thing sounds awesome and I couldnt be happier.

Be one with the box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Im glad there are regularly available measuring systems that can measure down to 8-9 decimal places. With accuracy like that, you are better off working for nasa and such, if that makes sense.

I clicked on this thread because i too am trying to learn a little bit about 4th order BP's and their workings, however once again all I got was someone who thinks they know everything, and other people, who do know a lot about it, getting into arguments.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.