Bandpass builders: I need your help!

mobeious nice work, But with all due respect anybody can draw a box, I was talking more along the lines of, volumes of chambers, port area and length, tuning frequency, usable passband, 3-db down point, gain, s-factor, qbp, power handling, port velocity, linear x-max, and other IMPORTANT factors.

pv audio Im glad youre reading intellectual literature, but whose to say I am not or have not? Certainly not you.People CAN NOT say if a box is undesirable until they build it and place it in the listening environment and listen, In order to ACCURATELY predict an enclosures response before construction, One must take accurate measurements of the vehicles "transfer function". So for everyone who said my enclosure designs fail who has not took an in depth measurement of the vehicle in questions transfer function, Your negative assumption of the enclosures performance can ONLY be UNPROVEN AT BEST.

You should not have to open an online dictionary, You should know these, if you dont know these, Wich is obvious you need to go sit on the bench.

indatrunk, PM mobeious, 80INCHES, imamp3pimp, galacticmonkey, THUMPERR or anyone else who has shown talent in bandpass design. This thread has been derailed as most do when people start arguing. I apologize for being a part of it.

mobeious nice work, But with all due respect anybody can draw a box, I was talking more along the lines of, volumes of chambers, port area and length, tuning frequency, usable passband, 3-db down point, gain, s-factor, qbp, power handling, port velocity, linear x-max, and other IMPORTANT factors.
alot of those characteristics depend on 1 other thing and i bet u cant name it

alot of those characteristics depend on 1 other thing and i bet u cant name it
I would just let it go since while he may know a lot, he's too arrogant to be of any use. I know that because I was the exact same way except that I really didn't know a lot. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

here ya go just a little quick something i threw together for a JBL GTO 12
4thiso.jpg
this looks sik ! , how would it perfrom

this looks sik ! , how would it perfrom
lets just say it wouldnt go in my truck... very limited bandwidth and no cone control really dont know why u would use that design... he just went to the12volt.com and got the most complex lookin one on there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.