Bandpass builders: I need your help!

1ndatrunk
10+ year member

Can I live?
Close
Since nobody seems to want it, I'm gonna try my hand at building a 4th order for my XXX. Its going in a trunk, and I already know its gonna be huge, but can some body give me the dims for the sealed and ported chambers, as well as the port area/tuning?

Thanks

Since nobody seems to want it, I'm gonna try my hand at building a 4th order for my XXX. Its going in a trunk, and I already know its gonna be huge, but can some body give me the dims for the sealed and ported chambers, as well as the port area/tuning?Thanks
Wouldn't it be easier to flat out ask for a design?

Not a prob, just need to know if it'll even fit, since the regular ported box for this thing is so freaking big. My trunk has a stupid shape too, so I have issues

I seldom have built a band-pass for a woofer that I loved the first time around. I use bassbox pro, and even then some trial and error is necessary. I just went through my files on bbpro, and have no RE XXX BP box diagrams....If I have time in the next few days, I'll design one for you-don't hold your breath too long. One thing I learned is to have the sealed side and the vented side an octave apart.

I seldom have built a band-pass for a woofer that I loved the first time around. I use bassbox pro, and even then some trial and error is necessary. I just went through my files on bbpro, and have no RE XXX BP box diagrams....If I have time in the next few days, I'll design one for you-don't hold your breath too long. One thing I learned is to have the sealed side and the vented side an octave apart.
prolly dont know what ur doin if ur using BBP that program is horrible for bandpasses and it calculates for HA use anyhow so the graph means nothing

i have never had a box i didnt like or didnt sound like i wanted ....

prolly dont know what ur doin if ur using BBP that program is horrible for bandpasses and it calculates for HA use anyhow so the graph means nothing

It is for BP, but I do say trial and error is necessary. Pretty sure I know what I'm doing, I've learned from some of the best (RTTI instructor/creator Mark Lowe), I'm sure you're the whip at whatever you do, all I have to do is ask you!

That is proof you've not made a BP box right, made very few boxes, and don't know what sounds good! Does it say prefab FTW in your sig? You may jock yourself as boxbuilderextraordinaire, but that comment screams arrogant prick.

this is what mobieous wrote about a 15" Nightshade...NS has a fs of 41hz i believe the xxx15 is around 37hz so specs should be close:

The nightshade has a fs of 41ish hz so u really want to dampen anything under that so considering how much power u are going to have u could go 1.25-1.75 sealed and then if u want high output then the ported section should be in the 3cube area and for a less peaky box around 2-2.5 and i would tune around 45hz if u want a low end monster

I started messing around with it a little bit, but your shape makes it tough. If you could get another 1" height you could fit it most likely. Its just that one sub that is so huge where it would have to be facing up or down wouldnt work too well.

Not even Robert Bullock, Neville Thiele, Richard Small or Joseph D'Appolito have never NOT built an enclosure they don't like. Some humility works, because it's impossible to know what good is if you haven't heard bad.

box 1.....front 2.642 cubic ft. NET....rear 3.3 cubic ft NET......port in front chamber 6 inch round port 20.19707 inches long....tuning frequency 34.25....passband frequency 20.57 hz- 57.02 hz...........very narrow passband but very efficient......Box 2....front 1.835 cubic ft. NET.....rear 2.015 cubic ft.NET.......6 inch round port 20.20532 inches long......tuning frequency 41.09....passband frequency 23.47 hz- 71.93hz.....I would personally go with box 2........if you want to use slot ports someone here can help you convert my round port suggestion to a slot port..........Im about to go eat good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.