Audiopipe 3000.1 vs sundown 1500.1

and i didnt really mean all korean amps are bad. the alpine duo-b amps were korean made , as well as my usx-2100 (designed by zed , built in korea though). my 800F is american made though and it shows. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Why would you type something as fact if you are not sure? kinda ironic
i just had a 100.2 recently and i was pretty sure it was korean but when you (i have a little faith in your word , you have proved to be pretty wise in the past) told me i was wrong i was pretty sure you were correct.

true. where were RD subs made? I loved my sonance 15 but i got it at a local shop on the clearance rack for 30 due to a unglued dustcap , i never had any paperwork or anything. dont know where it was made but it was awesome.
RD amps were Korean, I don't know about now, but I would assume they still are. As for their subs, if I recall correctly they were chinese motors, and baskets, with american coils, not sure about the cones and other soft parts. I may be wrong there though.

Hell even TC when there were making the "good" stuff were using magnets from China.

Bring a dmm. Check it out. See if it was on h/o alt and batts. Run it high for 20 to see a temp change.

Depends.. If its a nub running it on stock 6 ga power walmart wire. No way, I agreee kmanian

i just had a 100.2 recently and i was pretty sure it was korean but when you (i have a little faith in your word , you have proved to be pretty wise in the past) told me i was wrong i was pretty sure you were correct.
Well I am no where near as wise as the true gurus but, I do know that the hating bandwagon is getting as heavy as the huthugging wagon, and it is more for the love of hating rather than facts. As there are as many arguments to use AP there are to use Sundown or a brand like Sundown. I personally like to know that I can be very flexable with the products I by for myself. The Sundown (as are many other brands) is extremely flexable for system designs because you can use it from .35 ohm all the way to 4 ohm and make a sub sing, I can use it in a mom or pop ride that has next to no electrical and be confident it will survive, and I can take the same amp and put it on a 17.5 volt system and beat the hell out of my sub set up of the month. that is one of the reasons I prefer the "qualities" of brands like Sundown. AP is a great budget option, and for a person that doesn't see the world through the same glasses I look through, good for them, as it is all the different types that will help our sport grow back to the place of glory it was. But there is no person on Gods good earth that can convince me that AP is an equal to Sundown. AP may be able to fill some of the shoes Sundown does, but it can't fill all of them.

BTW guys, no hard feelings anywhere, as this is how CA used to be, and we all had fun while learning. I remember having my azz handed to me by squeak... back in the day. But **** I learned a lot.

I have personally owned 16 Sundown amplifiers (8 1500s, 6 3000s. and 2 100.2s), and I have installed/played with tons Audiopipe 1500s, 1800s, and 3ks. I even owned an Audiopipe 3k.
They are both good amps. Obviously if I was going for a world record, Id rather have a Zenon amp in my truck that I can put serious voltage into and wire down to a crazy low ohm load to squeeze out every ounce of power. But in a real world setting, just listening to music in the average music car, with a 14-15v electrical system, a realistic ohm load (2ohm on the AP3k and 1ohm on the other AP amps), the AP is a great amp for a great price. If youre trying to gain a few tenths by running your amp at 18.8v, wiring it to a .25 nominal load, and burping it on minimal battery power, obviously the Sundown is going to win hands down. No contest there. Thats like saying a Mustang GT will beat a Focus in a drag race. Everyone knows that. But if you run the Sundown at a realistic ohm load (1ohm, maybe .7) and run a realistic voltage into it (a standard 12v electrical system around 13.5-14.4v), the Audiopipe is going to put out more power.

Everyone says the AP does "dirty" power. If the radio/amp settings arent right, yeah, any amp will do dirty power. And maybe the THD is a little higher than the Sundown, Im not sure. But it cant be too dirty, because I was running an AP3k @ 1.4ohm to a pair of Ascendant Audio Chaos 18s (rated at 800w rms) and they took the power with no fuss. If it was dirty power, almost double RMS would never have worked and I would have just been frying speakers left and right. That wasnt the case, everything was just fine. And it had to be doing at least some sort of respectable power... I was at 150db @ 37hz no wall with a single AP 3k on 2 batteries, not dropping below 13.3v. So it also seemed quite efficient. It stayed cooler than any sub amp I have EVER ran as well.

So my advice would be listen to what people say who have actually owned/used these amplifiers first hand. The majority of people on these forums are so "enlightened" that they will say whatever... Whether its "Kicker is garbage!", "All car audio shops ****!", etc. They sound like they are part of the in-crowd. It may sound cooler to go to a meet and tell someone you run an active front stage with a DIY component set, with a custom built frankenstien subwoofer with a linear motor system, underhung quad voice coils boasting ultra low inductance and superior xmax, xmech, and a lower Fs then the other guy at the show, with quad sewn in tinsel leads, running in a 6th order quasi isobaric tapered voigt line transmission wave guide powered by a Zed built amplifier an old school PPI Art series amplifier on your active front stage, all powered by a high output alternator with an XS Power D3100 and a VCM. (Did I miss any forum boners there?)

But lets be honest. The guy with 12 Kicker CVR 12s on 2 Audiopipe 3ks with tractor batteries and a bunch of pro audio speakers doesnt care, because he has a crowd around his car watching him do nasty hairtricks. Hes actually loud, minus all the stupid technical jargon ******** that doesnt mean anything to anyone, except someone just as infatuated with all that stupid holier than thou ******** as yourself.

/rant.
you my friend just WON! i was looking for those word for months! too bad they came out of your mouth an not mine "thats what she said" lol

Well guys. Thanks for all the info. I'm still in a toss up. I only have 150 into my sundown cuz like that guy before me said local idiots hard up for money. Haha. So i think ima buy the audiopipe. And just see if I like it. If not sell it. Sorry to start all the arguments between you guys. But seems everyone is pretty even on which one to buy. No clear cut answer.

Well guys. Thanks for all the info. I'm still in a toss up. I only have 150 into my sundown cuz like that guy before me said local idiots hard up for money. Haha. So i think ima buy the audiopipe. And just see if I like it. If not sell it. Sorry to start all the arguments between you guys. But seems everyone is pretty even on which one to buy. No clear cut answer.
If you want power on a budget get the AP. if you're one of those people who are more concerned about clipping your subs, or just want the best quality you go with sundown. i have had 0 issues with my ap1500 and i expect you should be the same

We give each other **** like this all the time , just like kamanian said , this is how it used to be around here. Believe me , this is not an arguement , just a regular old conversation. LOL

Roux's system. LOL

medium_Mercury_Cougar_Fancy_Sats.jpg

Any vids yet?
no can do. car is at the shop and my video cam is like 10 years old and doesnt pick up any flex at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.