Audiopipe 3000.1 vs sundown 1500.1

So are you saying that the location a product is produced is the dictator of its quality?
sure is. kicker zr series (us made) vs kicker zx series (chinese made). sony xm series (japanese) vs sony xplod post-2000 (made in china). The list can go on and on.

Shouldn't... Theirs american products that are poor. Their are foreign that are too.

Its the 5% of people that weed out the crap and buy the quality who dont bicker.

Cant tell you how, many people I hear say their bestbuy settup is the best.

When I mention ssa, fi aq, re, sa, diamond, cadence, dc, they say they ve never heard of it and its garbage

Ignorance and patience..

the 100.2 was made in Korea also.
the subs are made in China, but we have been talking about amps. so where that came from I have no idea, as you certainly can't be saying Sundown subs are crap.
dude are you high?? i said my "AMERICAN BASS" subs say made in china on them. LOL. Never mentioned sundown subs (which btw are very decent subs)

well i can post photo's of the big MADE IN CHINA on my subs , and you yourself just said the 125.2 is korean made , the amp i was referring to in my post was a 100.2 which from what i have seen and heard is identical to the 125.2. So where is this ignorance you speak of??
the ignorance is in the fact that you said sundown amps are an SQ nightmare, sundown = korean made junk, and suggesting sundown amps are made in China

dude are you high?? i said my "AMERICAN BASS" subs say made in china on them. LOL. Never mentioned sundown subs (which btw are very decent subs)
you did not say my "AMERICAN BASS" subs... you said my subs... So cut some slack for trying to follow your curvatious road

Sure any amp can make dirty power. Some way sooner than others. Take the Hifonics 1608D. Starts clipping at 800 wrms so roughly half of its rated power at 1 ohm. Thats pathetic. I have no doubt in my mind that the AP junk. If you folks care to take a look at Termpro the 1500d benched at 400wrms @4 and its supposed to bench at 600@4.

the ignorance is in the fact that you said sundown amps are an SQ nightmare, sundown = korean made junk, and suggesting sundown amps are made in China
becuase you made me second guess myself when you posted that my statement about korean made was totally incorrect (you highlighted that statement in red). then someone spoke up and said i was right to begin with.

IMO I'd take a korean amp over a chinese amp any day of the week. Jacob has obviously managed to put out a great product while keeping production overseas, which I'm not terribly happy about but making amps in the U.S. is most likely ridiculously priced and none of his products appear to have any issues. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of sundown amps simply because of the price tag. There's no denying they are solid amps but for the price it's pretty crazy. I paid $130 shipped for a new w/ warranty AP1500. The lowest you see USED sa1500's on the classifieds is 300. AP's do their job, and yes they do clip but it's just a matter of finding the sweet spot. They are cheap enough that you can buy extra power for headroom to avoid clipping, but other than that I have had 0 problems with mine.

sure is. kicker zr series (us made) vs kicker zx series (chinese made). sony xm series (japanese) vs sony xplod post-2000 (made in china). The list can go on and on.
any county can produce good or bad products, Korea is a hot spot for amplifiers at the moment, and some awesome amps have and are coming out of there, but at the same time, you have companies that are having issues with QC and it has distroyed them, example Diablo and RD, who both were being built in Korea also. China is producing a lot of crap, but they also are putting out some good quality stuff, example, Soundstream XXX and X3's. So to state the location of manufacture dictates the quality is crazy. to say the location of manufacture demands different levels of QA and QC to produce a quality product, absolutely!

I completely disagree, as the OP is putting himself at risk of loss, as he has no assurance of the history of the amp. He does know what he has, and is not at risk by keeping it.

any county can produce good or bad products, Korea is a hot spot for amplifiers at the moment, and some awesome amps have and are coming out of there, but at the same time, you have companies that are having issues with QC and it has distroyed them, example Diablo and RD, who both were being built in Korea also. China is producing a lot of crap, but they also are putting out some good quality stuff, example, Soundstream XXX and X3's. So to state the location of manufacture dictates the quality is crazy. to say the location of manufacture demands different levels of QA and QC to produce a quality product, absolutely!
true. where were RD subs made? I loved my sonance 15 but i got it at a local shop on the clearance rack for 30 due to a unglued dustcap , i never had any paperwork or anything. dont know where it was made but it was awesome.

becuase you made me second guess myself when you posted that my statement about korean made was totally incorrect (you highlighted that statement in red). then someone spoke up and said i was right to begin with.
Why would you type something as fact if you are not sure? kinda ironic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.