Audiopipe 3000.1 vs sundown 1500.1

The Sundown SAE1200D benched at 1700+ non clipped power you think the 1500 doesnt do any more than 2000wrms without clipping. If the AP did 2000wrms without clipping at 14.4v the Sundown is clearly going to do more clean power. The 1500D benched at 1510wrms at 1 ohm on 12.4v. At 12.8v it benched 1635. Thats 125wrms increase with a .4 increase in voltage. Take 14.4v and subtract your 12.8v. You get 1.6v increase. Divide that by .4v since that was the increment that determined the 125wrms increase. You get 4. 5x125wrms nets you a gain of 500wrms increase from 12.8v to 14.8v. Thats 2135wrms out of the Sundown cleanly over the AP 2000wrms.
This is obviously not very scientific, but its a rough estimate based on math.

To be honest this whole thread is pointless since we dont know what the AP benches at cleanly. Having a 3000wmrs amp is useless if it clips at 1500wrms. We do know the 1500D benches at 1510wrms@1 on 12.4v without clipping.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Ive seen bench tests where the AP doesnt even do rated power.
I have never seen one...Are they vids, or numbers other nutthuggers or sq guys post up to try and discredit the AP?? I mean if all it took for my bandwagon to gain a few more zombies would be type it did 2800 instead of 3100 Lots of guys would

I have used many many many amps in completley different setups, and very similar ones..Read and understand what I stated, get your head out of your own A.S.S and understand dont just read over it...A clean 500w is a clean 500w no matter where it comes from, If its not, go find Richard Clark and get paid, until then the truth will set you free. Just becasuse you build boxes doesnt mean you no how stuff works
I'm much more then just an enclosure builder my friend, and my basis in the mobile electronics industry is vast. With that said, your forgetting what is actually going on.

On a scope 500 looks like 500 clean no matter what. However, internal components and on board crossovers will drastically alter the "sound" each amp can/will reproduce. So Richard's "challenge" is flawed in itself and can not be beaten because of that.

You should really try understand more of what you speak as you only look more foolish as we go along.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying you have to pay $1000s or more to get good quality sound. I'm just saying each amp is different and I can and will tell you the difference when swapped in a car where I am familiar with the sound it can produce.

Also, I'm not saying Sundown is god here...or that AP is crap or what ever.....

I'm just stating generalities between any amplifier and I'm not saying because one costs more it is better.

I'm much more then just an enclosure builder my friend, and my basis in the mobile electronics industry is vast. With that said, your forgetting what is actually going on.
On a scope 500 looks like 500 clean no matter what. However, internal components and on board crossovers will drastically alter the "sound" each amp can/will reproduce. So Richard's "challenge" is flawed in itself and can not be beaten because of that.

You should really try understand more of what you speak as you only look more foolish as we go along.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying you have to pay $1000s or more to get good quality sound. I'm just saying each amp is different and I can and will tell you the difference when swapped in a car where I am familiar with the sound it can produce.
It would only be flawed if everything where set completely different on the amps..If the amps are driven to produce the same amount of power clean, why would you set the crossovers to anything else but to as close as possible which Im sure he does, and that is why nobody has ever been able to defeat it..

Also as stated even cheap components will work fine for years, If you have been doin this as long as you say, you and I both know this is not an opinion it is a "Fact" Im sure you have seen boss, sony, pyle, etc work for years without a single problem..So quality of parts used is hit or miss because if somebody has no idea what they are doing they can turn a $1000 into paper weight very fast.

Last thing, I agree that you do not need $1000s of for sq, but again sq has much more to do with placement and subs , the amplification plays little in the role the sq process..Again only talking about class D amps..or better yet a AP 3k vs Sundown 1500 in sound reproduction..

If you look at his test requirements he says in rule number 5 this... " That all amplifiers with signal processors have those features turned off. This includes bass boost circuits, filters, etc. If frequency tailoring circuits cannot be completely bypassed an equalizer will be inserted in the signal path of one of the amps (only one and the listener can decide which) to compensate for the difference. Compensation will also be made for input and output loading that affects frequency response. Since we are only listening for differences in the sonic signature of circuit topology, the addition of an EQ in only one amps signal path should make the test even easier."

The reason for this is because each class D amp uses a different crossover/eq settings because that will alter the reproduced sound and that you can tell. He eliminates this by using rule number 5. However, in actual application and installation in a daily car those very settings will be used to get "the best sound" you can from the amp. However, those very settings even if set exactly the same on each amp will not sound the same.

I never said that cheap parts won't last longer, and I'm not sure why that was brought up. I heard some very very cheap produces a better quality result then higher priced amps. However, that is not what I'm say here.

I'm saying in actual application you can and will hear a difference. Richard's test is pointless and flawed.

How about the audiopipe AQX3500 vs the sundown 3500?

I have experience with both the saz1500, and AP3000. Not saying either one is a better product, but the audiopipe will do roughly twice the power for the same price. Thats all most people need to hear. With audiopipes newer products they put up a good fight with just about anything on the market. This year they came out with a sub with a triple stack 4" coil motor, i think its rated at 1500rms. Im running 4 in my new build.

Not sure if anyone is aware, but all of audiopipes newer model 1 ohm amps are also 18v stable.

you cant compare the 2 amps a 1500rms amp to a 3k amp come on.

class d amps arent super clean anyway unclipped power is unclipped power with class D.

the old saying you cant tell the diff class a/b to D is soo wrong. give me a class d with 500+ dampening factor and i will be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/happydance.gif.a963168fea27d8453c3ec467ddcf9e1c.gif

you cant compare the 2 amps a 1500rms amp to a 3k amp come on.
class d amps arent super clean anyway unclipped power is unclipped power with class D.

the old saying you cant tell the diff class a/b to D is soo wrong. give me a class d with 500+ dampening factor and i will be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/happydance.gif.a963168fea27d8453c3ec467ddcf9e1c.gif
Thank you!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.